matrixuk vs Natwest - new claim

matrixuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help. I've recently started a claim against Natwest, sent my Subject Access Request a few weeks ago and received all of my statements, however, as expected I only got the last 6 years.

I'm in the middle of my Repayment of Charges request and have a couple of questions I need answering.

1, On the bank statements where the Advantage Gold and Unauth Overdraft Fee are combined do I just deduct the AG fee and enter the O/D fee or do I need I need to enter the entire charge then break it down ?

2, Can I claim all of the interest I've been charged on my overdraft ?

3, Would you advise me to just ask for a refund and not charge interest on the claim or go for both. The claim itself is for £1799.76, with the interest on it's £2401.38.

Thanks in advance :?

Also I took out a personal loan in Oct 2001 to clear my overdraft at the recommendation of the bank, can I include any interest payments detailed on the statements for this loan on my claim ?

Thanks again

Hi matrixuk, welcome on board!

In answer to your questions:

1) Yes - deduct the AG fee from the unauthorised borrowing fee.

2) You can't reclaim all of the interest per se. You can only reclaim the portion of the interest that's been applied because of the charges. E.g., if you had an overdraft for £100 and the charges sent you over the limit by £38, you could only reclaim the portion of interest that applies to the £38. Confused? Me too!

3) At prelim/LBA stages, you can't ask them to refund the s69 8% interest. You leave this column in the spreadsheet 'hidden' until you file at court. The s69 can only be awarded at the discretion of the courts - so leave this out for now.

4) I'm seriously not sure about the overdraft - I'll pass this one over for others to comment on.

It may be worthwhile having a good read of these as they'll help you to understand the reclaiming process.

Hope this helps, post back at any time...........and best of luck :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.