Barclays defence filed

Shedbuilder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back,

Correspondence - copies of all corrs, from and to, bank and court.

Print off SOC which will show latest int't to date.

Copies of bank state's - NB originals go in court's Court Bundle.

" What about statements? What do I stick in there? " - Do you mean bank state's or State't of Evidence.

I hope Peter Rabbit's examples should help but come back as nec'y.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Slick, Saintly, Tez etc

I had a quick look at Peter Rabbit. Just seems to be the statement of evidence on top of all the correspondence, statements, case law, precedents etc etc that I've already printed/copied.

However, is the statement of evidence only required if you are doing an AQ (which is dispensed with in my case)?

If so, I think I'm about there aren't I?

Regards

Shedb

Hi Sheddy,

You should select the Statement of Evidence which most closely fits the defence which bank filed. As well as the one at #34 in Peter Rabbit's thread, there are 2 more (all by GaryH) linked from post #33.

Slick

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Sheddy,

I've asked Saintly to stop by and opine.

Slick

Hi Sheddy,

Bundle goin' ok?

Just my opinion but maybe don't send bundle to bank in too much of a hurry as long as it gets there in good time for deadline. This will alert them (possibly) about judge's Directions and their need to apply for stay within the set time.

Maybe a week before deadline, depending on postal disruption.

Slick

Hi Slick,

Bundle's mostly together, I've been distracted by work for the last couple of days but basically I need to copy some of the correspondence I haven't done yet, pick the right SoE and print it, print the latest SoC, number it all up and do the contents page, and I think that's about it.

I saw in one of the posts that the bundle should be bound. I assume there's something you can get from Staples or somewhere that'll hold 200 pages and isn't a loose-leaf file. I'll have to go down and investigate.

Thanks for your tip re delaying sending bundle to the bank, it had occurred to me but of course I still don't know whether they've already put a stay on proceedings. In theory, they had to do that by Monday 8th, but of course I don't know how long the Court would allow them over that, how long the Court would then take to inform all parties, and what effect the postal strike will have had.

Still, I'm sure we'll get there eventually!

BTW, are you aware of many others on the forum who have had a similar order recently and so are at a similar stage to me? If so, are the banks managing to stay their cases generally, or are they tending to slip through?

All the best

Shedb

Sheddy,

Personally not aware of others but site Mods will be. Do you have any links please or point me to the right bank's forum.

Slick

Sorry, Peeps have referred to getting a largish ring folder with section markers for your own and court copy. Bank's copy could be punched and tied with kitchen string (It'll never get looked at).

Slick

Sheddy,

Sorry, I misread your question which I took to be a statement!

My reply is, No, I'm not aware of ANY other cases with directions like yours.

Maybe others can tell us of similar cases.

So many cases have been stayed but your judge seems to be trying to avoid that happening by forcing banks hand.

Slick

Start practicing your "TV" smile!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sheddy,

Saw you looking at your thread - me too.

Have you called court to see if they've rec'd owt from bank.

Take it bundles are ready to be Filed and Served.

Slick

• Haha 1

Hi Slick,

I've just been putting the bundle together. Just need to paginate and bind it now, that'll be this evening. Where can I get a copy of Barclays Ts & Cs from? Presumably somewhere on this site?

I haven't called the court, is that what I should do? I sort of assumed that if the bank had stayed the case, the court would have told me by now.

Regards

Shedb