wrong account details sent to me

robertmarcs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi again guys! just had me charges sent to me in 2 parts which i thought was strange! turns out that 3 quaters of the were someone elses statements! obviously i want to contact the person in question and tell him what barclays have done aswell as send his statements to him! how do i go about this!

:confused:

Hi Robert

Three things I would do:

Send a complaint to the ICO

Send on the statements with a covering letter to the correct owner, maybe including the address of the ICO should they want to make their own complaint

Send complaint to Barclays - you may want to cut & paste a section from the ICO website about how the Data Controller can be personally fined for breaches!!

... Oh and don't forget to ask them where the flippin heck your statements are!!!

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

I would be very careful about sending info on.... You are only assuming that the address on the statements is the correct one... They could easily haved moved... I know my statements that came have at least 3 different addresses

i got my statements in with th other ones in the second envelope aswell as my postal order for £10 back! cover letter said that it was free of charge! lol! bargain!

:eek:

Hope you left payee blank on P/O otherwise you won't be able to cash it

I would be very careful about sending info on.... You are only assuming that the address on the statements is the correct one... They could easily haved moved...

VERY good point Trucker!

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

hi again guys! just had me charges sent to me in 2 parts which i thought was strange! turns out that 3 quaters of the were someone elses statements! obviously i want to contact the person in question and tell him what barclays have done aswell as send his statements to him! how do i go about this!

Don't send back the statements, inform Barclays first and see what they have to say. It happened to me and I was offered all my charges + interest + compensation. You have a major bargaining chip, don't lose it. They will hate being reported to the ICO since there have been many warnings to banks see:

ITN - Banks rapped over data breaches

Don't send back the statements, inform Barclays first and see what they have to say. It happened to me and I was offered all my charges + interest + compensation. You have a major bargaining chip, don't lose it. They will hate being reported to the Information Commissioners Office since there have been many warnings to banks see:

ITN - Banks rapped over data breaches

wot do u mean mate? what number do i call? and what should i tell them?

Don't call. Write a letter to Barclays along these lines:

Dear Sirs

On xxx July 2007 I received a package containing the statements relating to another customer. I remind you of your legal and regulatory obligations in respect of:

1. Under the Data Protection Act 1984 / 1998, as a Data Controller, you have a legal duty to ensure that all personal or financial information you hold is kept securely. You have clearly failed to do this.

2. You have additional and substantial responsibilities as a holder of a Consumer Credit License that require you to have, and operate appropriate systems in relation to personal information and how this is treated.

3. As you may appreciate, due to this experience, I have lost total confidence in your organisation in respect of the treatment of personal customer and account information.

I request a copy of your complaints procedure by return and a full investigation into this matter.

Yours.......

They have offered all charges + interest. I am still haggling on the compensation.

ok but y did they offer u these? did u put a letter forward asking for your charges back b4 or after u sent them a letter about the other persons statements?

ok but y did they offer u these? did u put a letter forward asking for your charges back b4 or after u sent them a letter about the other persons statements?

No, I send off my SAR and they obviously knew what I was doing. They sent back the wrong statements, I wrote and told them. They then made me the offer to refund all charges immediately + interest + compensation.

No, I send off my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and they obviously knew what I was doing. They sent back the wrong statements, I wrote and told them. They then made me the offer to refund all charges immediately + interest + compensation.

SAR? is that the initial letter asking for yours bank statements or the one demanding your charges back?

Robert

Monty is on about the statements belonging to someone else....he is saying you now have a barganning tool.... but i personally am very sceptical about using that route... it could be construded as blackmail

Robert

Monty is on about the statements belonging to someone else....he is saying you now have a barganning tool.... but i personally am very sceptical about using that route... it could be construded as blackmail

No at all, you are pointing out that you wish them to investigate the matter, nobody has suggested a trade?!?!

I also informed the other person by copy of my letter and they were given substantial compensation. They are obviously in a stronger case to prove loss.

I consulted a barrister and judge in this matter (ex Uni mates), they confirmed that I had not suffered any loss and suggested the complaint route.

I am satisfied that they have investigated and waiting (their words) "an agreement to suitable compensation".