jen vs O2 (i think)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've decided while I'm here I'm going the whole hog. I found out recently that I have a black mark against my name because of a dispute I had with O2 last December. Basically last October I contacted O2 to cancel my contract and agreed that I would buy the last 2 months out but instead of accepting payment there and then they told me to ignore all my bills until I got a "final bill" in December. I got a bill for £25 in November, called the office and they told me to ignore it, so then I got a bill reminder, called the office, told to ignore it. Finally in December the bill for £50 arrived through the door followed the next day (when the cheque was in the post) by a final demand stating that they wanted payment or they'd be sending debt collecters round (for £50!!!).

Apparently somewhere in that process I was blacklisted for not paying my bills but I was told not to! Can I do anything to get said black mark removed? I've never missed a payment before and it's annoying knowing the circumstances, I want my clean sheet back.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

Contact them by letter giving all the circumstances and they should be able to help. They had a lot of problems in October last year even though they won't admit it themselves.

Stick to your guns and they should eventually remove your 'black mark'. You could cc in Experian and Equifax on the letters to 02 but IMHO Experian are muppets and blame the company for not updating their data...

thank you, I've written out the letter below, is there anything I should add to this?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing regarding a dispute which I had with your company between October and December 2006. I no longer have the account number but my telephone number was 07*********. I cancelled my contract early in October last year as I had ongoing difficulties and your customer service team did not respond in a satisfactory manner.

I was told that the contract would have to be bought out for the sum of the last two months line rental (£50). When a bill arrived in November I called the customer advice number from my home telephone and was advised to ignore this bill plus any reminders as I could only pay the balance in December. I followed these instructions and recieved my final bill in December, I filled in the return slip and sent this back to your office with a cheque. The next day I recieved a letter from yourselves threatening me with debt collectors. The matter was finally settled in a conversation with an O2 supervisor and I was told there would be no repurcussions for myself as I had been told in error to ignore your correspondance by your own employees.

I have now recently found out from the bank that there is a "black mark" against my name as a results of this dispute last year and I am unable to obtain credit as a result of this. I would like you to assist me in this matter by firstly explaining why I got this "black mark" in the first place when I was advised by an employee of O2 that this wouldn't happen and also informing me of the correct procedure to follow to have this "black mark" removed.

Yours sincerely

Jenschnifer

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Sent the letter away and have had no reply from them save an email telling me my bill for this month is £0.00 and available to view online, strange since it's been almost a year since i cancelled the contract, should i call them and ask what's happening?

So this is the letter I got this morning, note the lack of account number! I'm not sure what to reply to this as it doesn't really answer any of the questions I asked in the first place!

img012.jpg

Phone O2 & ask them if there are details on your file to substantiate your argument - even paw prints from when your account was accessed when you rang them

Reply saying that it isn't a true reflection of how the account was conducted. Ask them to read your original letter and compare with accesses to your information.

B******s