• Tweets

• Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
    • Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
    • one reply only  follow post 2 of letter of claim <<clickme link. dx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

help with cabot, b/card and cca

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

I have sent a cca request off to cabot who are dealing with an old barclaycard debt of about £1000.

I had which looks like a standard letter back saying that they will contact barclaycard on my behalf to get this copy.

So i sent b/card a cca request and have never heard anything back.

Both of these companys have now had there 12+2 and 30 days and ive not heard anything from them.

I dont know whether i should just leave it now and see if they contact me or if i have to report it or what to do really.

The other thing is barclays and kings hill (cabot) have both put entries on my credit report for the same debt is this correct?

Any help would be appreciated

karen

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, there should only be ONE entry per default in your credit report. Write to the CRA's and tell them that the Barclaycard default should NOT be there. They will contact BC, who SHOULD authorise the removal. If they don't, you will have cause to report BC to all and sundry.

What I would do now is, SAR BC AND Cabot. Neither of them have any option; they MUST comply with your SAR within 40 days.

DO that and wait to see what that chucks up before planning your next move.

• Haha 1

Thanks seahorse. I have already sent a sars. With barclaycard i got lots of old statements and with cabot i got statements and a letter stating that the debt has been taken over by cabot.

i have contacted cra and let them know so hopefully will hear back from them soon.

thanks

karen

Oh, yes. Cabot CLAIM that they send you a letter from Barclaycard (the "Goodbye" letter), along with their supposed Notice of Assignment (The "hello" letter). But it has long been suspectd that CABOT produce both letters. Now, I'm not entirely sure of the legality of this, but at the very least, I'd call it misrepresentation. Others might call it fraud. I have questioned Cabot about this, but at no time have they said, "Oh, yes. We do make the letter up, but Barclaycard said it's OK."

So as far as I'm concerned, I've been approached by a company, who are telling me they have bought a debt from Barclaycard, and to prove their claim, they send two letters. Both of which they produce themselves. And folks are supposed to believe that? And that's definitely misrepresentation, as far as I'm concerned. It basically means that, at no time have I been informed by the Original Creditor that they have sold my account. So I have another nail for their coffin should it get as far as court.

Not everything needs to be acted on or questioned immediately. Sometimes it's just nice to know you have something in reserve.

Im still confused. So Cabot have full ownership now of the account? So really its them thats failed to produce the cca not barclaycard?

As there time is up now to produce it do i need to do anything or just wait for there next move?

thanks

karen

Yup. As Nailpost says, you SHOULD see a Deed of assignment in your bundle. But won't. There will very likely be NO indication that a lawful assignment has taken place. But STILL Cabot would like you to believe that they own the account, and are entitled to YOUR money. Just because they say so.

I'm afraid you will have to get used to doing a lot of complaining. But it DOES get addictive and fun. :D

if there is no deed of assignment, what implications does that have?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Thanks for that. So the fact that neither barclaycard or cabot have produced a cca and there time limit is up means i have to complain to whom?

Or do i just leave it and wait to see what they do?

thanks

Well, Barclaycard should know better. The CCA DOES apply to them. Cabot are fixated on their mantra of "The CCA dosn't apply to them", so may be allowed the same sympathy you might give a person with an abnormaly low IQ.

But. You ARE entitled to complain to all and sundry. I would start with the Information Commissioners Office, Trading standards and OFT. Information Commissioners Office and OFT have websites, so complain from there. Trading standards will be in your local council's web site. (PM me if you need a hand with letters, as it will be helpful to point out the various sections of things that they have breached. But The Information Commissioners Office site at least lets you make a first complaint online, so you don't need to worry until they ask you to follow it up.)

You CAN complain to the Financial Ombudsman, who will slap a £400 fine on as soon as they investigate. But they will require you to have exhausted each company's complaints procedures first.

So the first thing you should do is a very quick letter to each. Doesn't need to be fancy. Something along the lines of..

"I refer you to my latest communication of (whatever the dates were), in which I requested documents as are my right under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. As I have had no response to my request, I have no other option but to invoke your complaints procedure. Please provide me with a copy of your Company's Complaints Resolution procedure, by return.

I do not need to remind you that I have recourse to escalate my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman, but I am giving you this opportunity to address my conerns before doing so.

I also intend to contact the folowing to advise them that I am unhappy with your conduct so far; Trading Standards, the Information Commissioner and the Office of Fair Trading."

Hopefully that will buck them up a little.

IAMIT, the fact that there is no DoA means that they cannot prove any assignment ever took place. Should it get to court, one of the things that should be asked for is a DoA. Not only will they need to produce it to prove their ownership, but it will show what was used as the vehicle to assign the account, whether the rights AND duties were assigned, whether the assignment was equitable or absolute. And perhaps any number of other juicy tidbits might appear.

This is something their solicitors would probably hold back on, right up to the very last possible moment. But if court action is imminent, it IS something which should be insisted on, even if you have to keep asking over and over again.

To recap... No DoA means no proof of Assignment, as the OC have not notified you of the Assignment; it's merely Cabot's word for it so far.

Equally, no Agreement means no proof of a debt in the first place, and even if one DID exist, it is unenforcable. So by continuing to try to collect on an unenforcable debt, they will be digging themselves into an ever deepening hole, with the possibility that YOU may be entitled to take THEM to court.

Hope this is useful:

In my case I SAR'd Barclaycard and there was no Notice of Assignment or any similar letter in their reply. I wrote back and asked specifically if such a letter existed in B'Card's records. It does not. So who produced it? ;)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

I think we all know the answer to that Dave, don't we? ;)

I have just sent Barclaycard another S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) demanding all sorts of juicy documents. Just in case they think that all I'm after are my statements. I have also tried to get Cabot to admit that they produce the letter, but so far I've had neither a denial OR an admission. So if BC come back and tell me that they HAVEN'T sent me a "goodbye" letter, I shall be making some rather serious accusations. Perhaps everyone should ask BC where the "goodbye" letter is when they get their SAR bundle?

Depending on the answers to the above, I will need to make enquiries as to whether or not this constitutes fraud, if it is true. I'm damned sure I'd be locked up for demanding money with no proof to back up that I was owed it. So why should Big Business be any different?

with the possibility that YOU may be entitled to take THEM to court.

what offence would you levy against them?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

• 1 month later...

Well still havent heard back from b/card or cabot. Gone very quiet. Dont know if i should be worried or whether they are searching high and low for this credit agreement.

Im a little concernced as i have now stopped the £5 per week payments to cabot. The stories ive read about them on here are scary.

I just hope i dont get woken up one morning with balliffs at the door.

will keep you posted ( if the balliffs dont take the pc)

karen

I just hope i dont get woken up one morning with balliffs at the door.

will keep you posted ( if the balliffs dont take the pc)

karen

Stop worrying - this is not going to happen.

Just hate every DCA out there

Bailiffs need a court order to turn up. As previously stated it's not going to happen.

I sent Cabot a CCA request at the beginning of April, not a peep out of them since except to say that my account was being put on hold and a half *rsed attempt at a statement of account from them about a month later.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I do not wish to hijack this post, but it would appear that Cabot are not the only DCA printing the notice of assignment, as Thames Credit also sent me a notice allegedly from Marks & Spencer, with a smudged logo, no personal details on the letter, addressed to Dear Customer and unsigned and Thames Credit tell me don't need a CCA as they didn't purchase the agreement.

Sorry Karen, I do have my own thread for this, but i'm intrigued by the legality of this and just how common is this deceptive practice?

I will follow your thread and wish you luck, i'm still waiting to actually hear back from Cabot!

Don't know if i'm coming or going!

Thanks for the advice everyone so basically just sit tight and wait to hear.

Its just really strange that i was getting bombarded with letters from them and not anything for a while now.

will keep you posted

karen

• 2 weeks later...

Well under FOS rules they've got 8 weeks. Cabot did send you a copy of the FOS leaflet, didn't they? ;)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)