Time limit?

asmltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi is there a time limit between sending off the lba and issuing the court papers, as I have been bogged down with other paper work and have failed to send off the court papers for about 1 1/2 months now, is the threat in my lba still valid?

Thanks in advance for any help

In response to your question, no there is no time limit between the lba and commencing court proceedings.

The 14 days is an act of goodwill on your part. You dictate when it is that you issue a court claim against the bank/ building society.

Given the high level of claims nowadays, you are lucky to receive a response to your lba prior to 56 days!!!!!!

Dont worry, there is no rush. Just make sure that when you do start proceedings everything is in order as it is costly to ammend anything once the claim is filed.

Good luck and keep us posted:D

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

I'd be inclined to either:

1) Send another LBA giving them 7 days to respond

2) File N1 at your local county court

:)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi All,

We put in our first bank charge reclaim letter to the Nat West 2 weeks ago and have issued the LBA letter yesterday. This morning we received a letter from the NatWest stating that they could take upto 6-7 weeks before being able to respond in regards to our claim.

Is this a delaying tactic or just a true state of affairs in regards to the number of claims they have to deal with?

It's a standard delaying tactic. However, IMHO, it's probably also a true state of affairs as Borehamwood is swamped with requests for bank charges to be returned.

It's entirely your decision as to what to do next. You could wait out the 6-7 weeks and hope that they do offer you a full refund of all charges (bearing in mind that they may possibly offer a partial offer) or you could file at court once the LBA deadline's up.

Has to be your decision though :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.