Looking for advice please

jawdinc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok here goes

In march this year i bought a 42" plasma from currys, one of the things i stated to the sales lady was that in the future i would be getting sky hd and needed a tv that would be suitable(can you tell whats coming).

I even said to her about the hd feeds that they had on show in the store, and she said that the tv that i have now bought would be just the same.

This week i recived an offer from sky to upgrade to sky hd which i would now like to do.

Upon now looking at the specs of the tv it appears that this tv is not hd ready or hd compatable it doesnt have the required resoloution.

Ive been down to the store tonight to see what could be done about the situation but basically they have fobbed me untill tommorrow when the lady who sold me the tv will be in.

Any advice please.

In the meantime, jawdinc, its probably best to wait until you see what the lady whom sold it to you has to say. Make sure you bring your receipt as this is usually a very useful tool.

If you are not happy with her response then asking for the store manager is always a good bet. The fact of the matter is that what was sold to you is not suitable and it should be down to them to help rectify the problem..remind them of the term 'customer service' or even 'customer satisfaction'.

Good luck.

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

This one? Direct TVs : LG 42PC1DV 42 Inch Plasma TV HDMI 42PC1DV - Cheap Plasma TVs, Cheap LCD TVs, Cheap HDTV and Cheap TV Accessories

Oh and LG 42PC1DV 42 in Plasma TV - Compare, Buy and Review at BizRate UK

Both say HD ready and whilst I agree with you in principle they are also correct. :( Sell it and buy another.

The retailer is correct in stating that it's Hi-def compatible, see the two links above. I've been a little luckier in that I spent £1000 on a 42" LCD with 1080i whereas armed with the knowledge I have now I'd have gone for 1080p (hope I got that the right way round!).

I doubt you have a leg to stand on here as it is high-definition compatible. :(