does anyone know this number? - mercantile???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArthurP

Are you a footballer? Was it Sir Alex?

Are The Smiths reforming but they want you instead of Morrissey?

Does Large want somebody funnier than Little?

Maybe Roy Cropper is looking for a new love interest instead of Hayley.

Oasis may want inspiration from being a Slade-like tribute band and become more advanced and sound like Genesis and want your in-put.

no, mercantile doesnt ring any bells, i rang twice and got no answer, it just rang out, and they have not called me back. i googled it and got bunch of things about investments:confused: how odd. ill keep trying, these things drive me mad

how weird, thats 3 times altogether ive tried calling. im only so confused because the only people who have my mobile number are family, friends and people like my daughters nursery. i dont give it out to DCA's or other companies. hmmm strange ill call again over tomoz or monday and out of interest ill post back if i get an answer. thats all for trying :)

The way I look at it is....

If someone loved you that much, they would find an alterative way of telling you... and if you had won a prize, you would have been notified by post. Anything else hints at desperation.... and you have to ask yourself why. The only other reason why someone would hound you, without leaving a message of what it's about must surely be to extort money from you? Anyway, if he is a secret admirer.... the bloke who answered "Mercantile"... wouldn't do a lot for me... awful voice... raincoats and dark alley material.... ;)

It sounds like they are fishing to see if they have the right person.... which is why they don't leave a message for you. I had this for a while with one of mine. They even left a garbled message with my daughter in order to get me to 'phone them. Unfortunately for them... I already knew the number and just logged all of their calls by time and date instead, to make it easier to report them for harrassment... :D

Or you could try a few lines from The Life of Brian, such as:

(i) there's lumps of it round the back, and/or

(ii) I know where to get it if you want it.......

Both need to be followed up with a deep, gruff laugh and then throw the phone down. Works a treat!

Ouch!

I think the point we are all trying to make is that these people (DCA's) do not stop calling even when requested to conduct correspondence in writing only. Have you been called 12-20 times a day for month on end despite paying what you can afford? Obviously not.

Most of us want to pay what we owe, however we also wish to establish the exact contractual terms which were entered into and not be ripped off by more suspect charges, interest and fees being piled on a debt that they, for one reason or another, have (or are having) difficulty paying back.

Trouble is getting the full details of the alleged debts from these morons. I've had three alleged debts returned which I DIDN'T owe - two were 'admin errors' and one wasn't mine....

You must be 'on the other side' ie a debt collector or a bailiff with a comment like that. Most people do want to pay their debts but DON'T want to have the debt doubled by a variety of fees and charges if they have problems.

Moderators - how about removing the above post? Aren't most of these links about getting the correct amount of debt to pay rather than an inflated cost?

Fair point monty but what I would say is I am starting to read more and more posts around the internet not just on this forum of people trying to find ways to get out of paying there debts rather than facing up to them.

Take the ones about requesting credit agreements and if the company cant supply it not paying.

Maybe Im old school, yes I have been in debt myself, yes I have had people phoning at all times many times a day. But I just look at in this way, you borrowed it you pay it back, if you cant afford it dont buy it.

Oh and sillygirl i can assure you I am not on the "otherside".

But I can't see the logic, if someone has called then why don't you call them back and find out what its about rather than coming onto the internet and asking if anyone recognises the number.