Biffs Sis in Law v Halifax/Bank of Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

just starting this thread on behalf of Sis in law. Just about to send preliminary letter(L2) asking for charges.Received statements from

Card Service

Pitreavie Buisness Park

Dunfermline

Fife

KY99 4BS

Can anybody tell me the correct address to send the preliminary letter to. Not sure if it`s Halifax or Bank of Scotland.

TIA:confused:

Halifax Plc

Trinity Road

Halifax

West Yorkshire

Hx1 2rg

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Sea SideLady,

Thanks for your help.Found this other address from sticky, amongst others,

HalifaxCardServices

PitreavieBusinessPark

Dunfermline

Fife

KY99 4BS

Just need to confirm correct address for the preliminary letter for Halifax credit card services, paritcularly as we recievd statements from address in previous post,was also Dunfermline:confused:

Sorry to be a pain just trying to clarify.

TIA

Biff

I'd agree!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Good on you!

Don't worry about the fact that you'll get the

"Our charges are lawful"
letter back.

Just keep on going!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Cheers Dusary & Moneyhelp,

thanks for the support. I have had a bit of experiance with Loyds TSB for the Missus. N1 ,AQ etc. recieved an offer for full amount just waiting for the wedge. Case still proceeding though untill we do!

Sis in Laws seemed to get a lot more friendly after that? :o

As a result

1 x Halifax Card service

1 x Shabbey

2 x BarclayCard

Oh and 1 with MBNA for me which I forgot all about till the sent me an offer:-D

I`ll have to improve my filing though:)

CU soon

Biff

• 1 month later...
Hi All,

quick question.

Can Sis in Law claim for "payment protection" fees?

regards

Biff

Moneyhelp is right, these can't be claimed under bank charges as they are a service.

These come under PPI. Some people have being pursuing cases due to misselling. Do a search on PPI, it might be an avenue but it is not straight forward. You would need a case for this however.

Have you asked the bank for copies of the policies and any consumer credit agreement for this.You will need it if considering.

TY Ken,

just an update for everyone.

1 Request for payment letter sent 17.07.07.(R.Del)

2. LBA letter sent 7.08.07(R.Del)

3.Recieved a letter from Halifax dated 9.08.07 Bla Bla Bla

" In view of the above,I regret to advise I am unable to refund the charges in question as they were applied to your account as per your original agreement"

"should any of your concens remain unresolved etc"

"If you would like to discuss your concerns" etc etc etc.

4.Received a letter from Halifax dated 13.08.07

" I am prepared to offer you a refund of charges to the value of £xxxx(50% of the total of calculated charges. CHEEK!)"

Bla Bla Bla

"If this is agreeable to you, please sign and return the enclosed acceptance form to allow us to complete the refund to you account"

etc etc etc

Acceptance form states Final and Full Settlement "

I.xxxxxx of xxxxxaddress confirm that I accept the offer of £xxxx (50% OF Total)from Halifax in full and final settlement of my complaint regarding Credit Charges on my Halifax Credit Card account"

5. "Response to settlement offer" letter sent 15.08.07

Halifax Plc

Trinity Road

Halifax

West Yorkshire

HX1 2RG

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Response to settlement offer.

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your letter dated 13.08.07

I respectfully decline your offer of Full and Final settlement and request, one final time, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £xxxx.xx

In order to avoid Litigation against you, I am prepared to temporarily accept the sum offered as partial settlement on the clear understanding that the remainder is paid within the next 10 days. Failure to comply with this request will result in legal action against you for full recovery, as detailed in my Letter Before Action (recorded delivery)

If you do not accept my conditions for acceptance, or you do not respond within 10 days, I shall return any payment received to you. For the avoidance of doubt, I wish to stress that I do not accept your offer under the terms stated in your letter.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

xxxxxx

Now awaiting thier response?:confused:

Hope I have got things right for her?,any advice or guidence would be greatly appreciated.

Biff the Bro in Law

Hi All,

with reference to PPI charges, just been on Martin Lewis site and it is quite clear that if you meet certain conditions you could be ellageble for a claim.Although I do think that you have to pursue these independently of you bank charges.

In addition my Sis in Law has a number of charges on her statements for "Credit Card Repayments Insurance- Including Insurance Premium Tax" ,this title later changed to "Credit Card Pepayment Cover"

Are we right in believing that this is the same as PPI ans if so is she eligable to make a cliam on the grounds that she was missold this Insurance?

Welcome your views

Biff

Thanks for the Bump Tilly,

we will have to wait and see on that one!

Bach to Bank charges:confused: No joy with Halifax regarding part payment/rejection offer,10 days are up, recieved a reply stating

"I am sorry my previous response did not resolve the matter to your satisfaction

As per our Complaints Leaflet sent with our previous corrospondence, your case has been escalated(Oooooooohh:D !) to Customer Relations and they will be in touch with you shortly.

Should you have any further concerns about your complaint, please contact Customer relations direct on 0845 850 1368.

your sincerely

Lisa McPhee"

Just about to issue N1 notice and have copied Halifax N1 from Sticky. However this refers to current account etc . Would it be OK to amend to Credit Cards etc or is there a specific N1 for Credit Cards?

TIA

Biff

• Haha 1