Bank charges

cockneysparrow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Contacted HSBC by phone to enquire about getting copy statements for an accont that was closed in june 2003 because of excessive charges. They 'say' that they are unable to provide me with this data as their records only go back 6 years, does anyone agree with them or is this another fob off tactic.

Contacted someone at HSBC to see if I could get copy statements for a current account I closed back in 2003 due to excessive bank charges. They 'say' that I can only get statements going back to 2001 which is a 6 year period from this year. Does anybody agree with their thinking or is this just another fob off tactic. I will be pleased to hear from anybody who could help me decide which way forward I should proceed.

Contacted someone at the HSBC callcentre to enquire if I could have copy statements for a current account I closed back in June 2003 because of excessive bank charges. They said they could only provide me with statements back to 2001, a 6 year period from this year (2007). Does anybody agree with their thinking or is this just another fob off tactic so that I can't claim back 6 years of charges whilst I was with them.

I am sure you have already asked this somewhere else? I think you can only get info from HSBC going back 6 years so you will only be able to get a couple of years worth of statements. Whether they keep older ones on micrfiche somewhere I don't know.

Please try and stick to one thread otherwise it gets tooooo confusing for those who want to help you and also for yourself it would be easier for you to track any answers to your questions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Just a tip - if you don't get an answer to your question and you see your thread going waaaaay down on the list, just type in the word "Bump" on to your own thread and it will rise to the top of the list for all to see and hopefully answer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

Also maybe a Mod can magically merge your threads into one so you don't get confused. Is there a Mod out there to do this????

Can a Mod pleeeeeease merge cockneysparrows THREE threads into one. I am getting sooooooooooooo confused. :confused:

Thanks to Chauvesouris, freakyleaky, jowalshy, lenlu 4 your input and crusher 4 merging my threads, not posted a thread 4 a couple of months and that was on the NW forum, beside the point, but still rusty, still unsure if banks hold data for release to 'customers' prior to 2001, say back to 1997.

NW? DG are HSBC's solicitors, so might me at crossed purposes here :-D

As for what data they hold, I'm sure they hold a lot more than they let on, its a handy way of limiting the claim isn't it?

The information, so we are led to believe, is held on microfiche.. trying to get them to cough it up is not so easy.

take a look in here...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80683-please-post-how-far.html

and you will see what I mean...

Apparently they only have to hold details by law for 6 years and have to supply tou with that information if requested.

As crusher says they probably hold info alot further back but they won't tell you that as by law they don't have to.

• 2 weeks later...

Am about to write a non-compliance letter as i've not heard from HSBC since 28/6/07.received 'copy' statements from 1/6/01 to 28/7/03 pages 211-282, however for some 'strange' reason pages 230,233, 236, 277 & 280 weren't sent? Requested those pages on 28/6/07 & even after 2 phone calls still haven't received a response. Have drafted a letter close to something 'bong' posted saying that as this is still part of my initial SAR I am requesting full disclosure of all info on me that is held by HSBC, going back to when account was opened. Is this the way to go, any help would be gratefully received. Thanks in anticipation, Dave.