Court Deadline Passed

smith5757

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I submitted my court bundle within the 14 days, ordered by the courts but DG has not submitted anything to me or the courts and their 14 day deadline has now passed. I contacted the courts this morning to be told that this is not unusual and it will only help your case hearing in September. Highly unlikey that any letter I would send would be dealt with before the hearing. I feel like I am running the mathathon ......... but the finsh line keeps moving further up the road.

What did your order say? Was it from a directions hearing? Is the one in September a full hearing?

And have you been nudging DG? My impression is that promptly served bundles seem to be excellent nudging tools.

chauvesouris

I thought so to, but they have had my bundle now since June 26th, and all together 5 nugde letters.The hearing has only been allocated 15 minutes, so no not a full hearing. But my point is DG have not submitted anything and the courts are so busy that any further court orders are unlikely to be processed before the hearing date in September. I think DG know this too.

I think you should write to the court asking for the defence to be struck out on the grounds of abuse of process and copy it to DG.

Even if a DJ doesnt have chance to have a look at it DG will be running a very severe risk of being stuck out if they let it run to September.

pete

Just me poking my nose in again, but why let them make you wait? :mad:

Why not make an immediate ex-parte application ('ex-parte' - means the defendant is not there), for a summary judgement and serve same (via Guaranteed Delivery) as soon as it is received on DG.......:cool:

BEST WISHES TO ALL AS EVER - KEEP ON FIGHTING!!!

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

Dear Lateralus,

An 'ex-parte' application costs £30 on form N244, and is a recoverable (from the defendant) expense....it just seems to me that no-one is taking a hard line with the Banks, as far as the powers that be are concerned.

Personally, in my case the last date for the filing of the Trial Bundle by DG is 30th July 2007, and next week (16th July onwards) I am going to prepare my form N244 and go to my Court and book a 5 minute slot for 31/7/2007. :)

Summary Judgement will be asked for on the basis of DG not complying within the allowed time scale - or the alternative is to apply for a Striking

Out of the Defence on the grounds of abuse of process. So if the Judge decides against one course of action, I will try the other course...!:cool:

Once again we really WILL NEVER SURRENDER....! (Someone said that once and without that thought in the minds of the people at that time, chaos would now be the norm!)

GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES TO ALL AS ALWAYS...

Dougal.

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!