Free delivery and collection - be warned!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is just to let everyone know about my experience with Curry's and their new promotion regarding free delivery and collection of old appliances.

I ordered a new fridge/freezer in store and was told that i would be contacted when it was ready to be delivered.

Last Friday i had a phonecall to say that my fridge/Freezer would be delivered the following day.

A friend of mine had offered to store all of my freezer's contents until my new freezer was installed and working after the reccomended 24 hour settling period. Which was fine but i still didn't have anywhere to keep stuff from the fridge so there was a bit of a problem.

I mentioned this to the Delivery people on the phone on Friday and they said that it's not a problem as the appliance will be delivered and that i can arrange another date when the old one can be collected, which i thought was brilliant even though terms and conditions stated that all fridge freezers must be de-frosted ready for collection on the same day of delivery.

So the next day i had the delivery in the promised time slot and told the delivery men that the person i spoke to yesterday said it would be ok for them to come back next week and collect the old one which they confirmed and told me the number to ring when i was ready.

So this week i rang the number and was told in no uncertain terms that it was not possible for the old fridge/freezer to be collected at a later date as per the terms and conditions and that i was misinformed by the Depot in Erith, Kent. I tried to get my point across that it was their mistake and now i have an old and potentially dangerous appliance in my back garden and consider it unsafe for my 2 year old son to play near. Basically the guy on the end of the phone was not helful in anyway just kept repeating the same thing over and over so i gave up. Next day i phoned a different number and got a slightly more helpful person but still the same reply so was directed to customer services to make a complaint which i did after much frustration and wasted time and money on phone (i believe 0870 numbers are about 10p a minute, or so i was told)

I just wanted to warn people that if you have the free delivery and collection service to make sure you get the appliance collected on the day it is delivered despite what any delivery depot might say, by the way there is no way of contacting them they can only contact you.

Sorry it's a bit long winded but felt it needed to be said:evil: :evil: :evil: