• Tweets

• Should this to be take into court with him or should he send something in earlier?
    • This is the other sign  parking sign 1a.pdf
    • 4 means that they need to name and then tell the people who will be affected that there has been an application made, what the application relates to (specificially "whether it relates to the exercise of the court’s jurisdiction in relation to P’s property and affairs, or P’s personal welfare, or to both) and what this application contains (i.e what order they want made as a result of it) 5 just means that teh court think it is important that the relevant people are notified 7 means that the court need more information to make the application, hence they have then made the order of paragraph 1 which requires the applicant to do more - this means the court can't make a decision with the current information, and need more, hence paragraph one of the order is for the applicant to do more. paragraph 3 of the order gives you the ability to have it set aside, although if it was made in january you are very late. Were you notiifed of the application or not?    
    • These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

nat west - any chance 2nd offer

loltel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

now i know you all ignored my last post :rolleyes: but i am still here plodding along.

had the expected revamped offer letter with 60 days to reply.

today received a letter from cobbetts " you have referred you complaint about bank charges for determination in court - our client believes blah blah blah

enclosed with it is a copy of a letter they have sent to the court, - we are instructed on behalf of the defendent. we would be grateful if this letter and its attachments could be put before a district judge as soon as possible, ---then the normal blurb asking to communicate his response to request for a stay.

i have not had anything about a defence or is this it. ?

is this all normal stuff

when the court sent the acknowledgment of service, they didnt send me a copy of the n1 or schedule of charges ? should i have had this.

I have just spoken to the court and have been advised that the judge will deal with each case on its own merit and he will not issue blanket stays on claims, he is the judge and will make his own decisions. not sure if good or bad (can feel a bottle of red in a brown paper bag, along with the prozac, going with me if i have to appear before him).

please dont forget me, i have been ever so patient and lonely :p:lol: 8-) :rolleyes:

howdy, NW are famous for being a bit late with their defence, good news from the court about the stays although from the little I've read so far the banks get their way if they do it properly

keep on with the plan, do what the court tells you to and keep reading and learning from other people's threads, loads of good chaps and chapesses gone before us

hunting around for the objection to a stay myself as we speak

thanks for reply micky

any advice ? 28 days is up on wednesday and i know nw are never on time with defence, spoke to court and they have nothing from them as yet, if they dont file a defence is it still worth carrying on for a judgement or will it just be disregarded ?

cheers

they were a couple of days late with me, don't forget that if the court forwards it on to you it'll be a few days before you get it

by all means call the court to be sure but I think the court will let them get it in as late as a week, I'd go for a judgement at that point for sure

I wouldn't get excited until then tbh, they usually get their photocopied pages of nonsense in just in time, it's a good read btw, mix of threats and bluster, half of it utterly irrelevant

hi again all

received the defence today from cobbetts:

1. this defence is filed and served without predudice to the defendents case that the particulars of claim do not disclose reasonable grounds for bringing a claim against the defendent to recover the bank charges (and interest thereon) referred to in the particulars of claim or any other sum. In the event that the claim is not properly particularised then the defendant will apply to strike out the claim and/or for summary judgement in respect of the same.

2. On allocation the defendant invites the court to direct that there be a case management conference in order for the court to consider the making of appropriate orders to give the claimant the opportunity to properly particularise the claim.

3. no admission

4. asking to identify contractual information and terms and conditions.

any advice please, i filed my claim in person with the N1 form and schedule of charges, but i have never received a copy of the N1 back from the court? does this mean i am in trouble !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks pretty standard defence. Ring the court and ask them why you haven't received you N1 back - it may just be that they are busy. No doubt, the next thing is that Cobbetts will request a stay

thanks steven4064

reading it again i thought perhaps the court had not sent them a copy or my schedule or had lost them or ?????

I did have the we intend applying for a stay letter last week, but my local court (edmonton) still say today that cases are being assessed individually and the judge and the judge alone will decide what cases he hears - dont know if thats good or bad. or have not had any feedback from anyone who has had any dealings with edmonton cc.

Do i have to do anything else now or is it really at stale mate stage so forget it.

hi again

received the allocation questionaire yesterday, i have until 10th September to return it with the £100 fee - is it worth doing this if they have applied for the stay, just throwing money at a process going nowhere ?

bad day all round - bank robbing us, court robbing us and my beloved tottenham hotspur have been robbed - nothing red allowed for me tonight so its the case of white about to be opened.

seriously i have had a look at hedgeys guide but do i have to add the directions bits, oh my god i sound like a thicko :-o

many thanks

They say they intend to apply for a stay. Steve's advice is good, that the judge will make his/her mind up and not be bullied by Natwest. Have a look at

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/17065-application-removal-stay-updated.html which I am planning to adapt as I hate the idea of forking out £35 and not getting it back. IMHO this is just scaremongering. They will probably not mount a defence and then try and get you to settle for less (well that's what happened to me the first time anyway). All the best, Sally

You also don't have to do the draft order for directions - you could merely complete and send in the AQ. However, requesting that their defence is struck out as an abuse of process and requesting draft order for directions does seem to add a little extra pressure - but it's entirely up to you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

thanks hedgey and sallysas

How is the extraction pain, hope you feel better and the wine is working well now, have been lurking and following your progress :cool:

i am going through it now and i will add the draft directions etc and go for it.

please try and stick with my numpty questions, is everybody on holidays, it all seems very quiet on this section, :-o:-o i hope we havent been abandoned :razz::D feel like an orphan waiting for open day.

I think everyone's enjoying the last bank holiday of the year loltel......... we don't get nearly enough of them!

And you don't ask numpty questions - you only ever ask what you're unsure of, and you're totally right to do so. If you don't ask, you don't find out - simple as that! It's better to ask and to get a good answer rather than stay quiet and not be sure. That's what we're all here for! ;)

As for the extraction.......... I never want to feel pain like I have done in the last few weeks again hun!!! Bring on the wine!!! :D xxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

You havn't asked anything I haven't in the past which makes you bright in my book. Plus you do listen unlike some people who keep on until they get the answer they wanted in the first place. What's the point in that?

Abstaining from the wine today. I have tomorrow off then back to work after 3 weeks play. Shame really................ roll on retirement in 10 years

now i was going to abstain from the evils today but !!!!

brother turned up with bottle of baileys, cherry brandy fudge, rum fudge and some grand marnier ice cream - in heaven so complicated stuff on back burner until ive had a few samples you understand :D

LOL............... now that's my kind of brother!!! Have a great time loltel! xxx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

hi all

please dont laugh at me but i just cant get my head round the AQ section g, do i have to write anything in here or just print out all the bits from hedgeys new claimants post - for some reason i cant take it all in,brain dead and daft today, or more panic that the court will ask me something about it and i will end up staring into oblivion. :confused:

the offer from nat west runs out on 3rd october, am i right in thinking that now i have filed a case that offer is now cancelled?? (dont worry not accepting it but need to clear head).

thanks for being patient with me

In section G itself you write this:

Please find the following documents attached to this allocation questionnaire;

1A) Section G - other information

1B) Sample List of settled cases

1C) Text of order made by Lincoln County Court

1D) Mullen -v- Hackney BC (1997)2 A11ER 906

2A) Draft Order for Directions

This allocation questionnaire and its attachments were sent to the defendant on **/**/**

You then attach all of the above (completed with your own details) to the AQ.

The offer will remain open until 3rd October regardless of whether you've filed at court or not. ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

thanks hedgey i think i was having a post brother visit meltdown - you have got to try mandarin slices soaked in white wine with gran marnier ice cream :p you will just die.

anyway back to matter in hand, in todays post came a copy of there application for a stay. should i expect to hear from the court about it or should i ring them ?

thanks hedgey i think i was having a post brother visit meltdown - you have got to try mandarin slices soaked in white wine with gran marnier ice cream :p you will just die.

Sounds fantastic!! :D

Give the court a ring and ask them what their position is - particularly with claims that have reached quite a late stage (such as your own claim).

If you get written confirmation from the court that the claim has been stayed, send the court your letter to object to the stay and attempt to have it lifted.

Make sure you keep to all current deadlines (e.g., AQ submission) though. :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***