• Tweets

• If you’ve handed in your notice : what help do you want / expect?. You’ve handed in your notice & not raised a grievance .... that is the wrong way around. Now you’d have to prove constructive dismissal, and (if you hand in your notice rather than pursue the grievance route first) that is a high bar to meet.   How long have you been employed there?
    • Thank you so much for heads up.
    • Thanks DX - I wondered about the blacked out bits. That's their doing not mine obviously.   Attached is the exhibits part of the bundle. Sorry about this, no matter what I compressed the whole thing down to I got the oversize message, even if the filesize on my computer was showing as well under 4.8mb   The_exhibits-compressed.pdf
    • Thanks Bankfodder!   Hello again everyone.    I received my SAR back from Elderbridge and what and absolute load of **** it is!   1.  They did not send any transcripts or recordings of any phones calls  - both myself and my husband spoke to them in Aug 2016 (noted in their diary notes) and I called them in Dec 2018 (again noted in their diary notes) it was the same day they sent the reply even though they have mentioned me calling in their notes on that day, so not sure I should let that go or not!   I also spoke to them in July 2016 (again in the notes) and I spoke to them in Dec 2012 (again in the notes)    2.  Going through the diary notes in the beginning notes were sporadic mainly because we were making payment and everything was ok, then later as things changed there were notes almost once a month, then in NOV 2012 and Dec 2012 frequency of notes increase as this is when they began court proceedings.  and throughout 2013 again lots of notes made - mostly their in house stuff about court dealings and so on - so that's fine. then in NOV 2013 hey made a not re the court date in OCT - saying that they were ordered to treat the loan as having a fixed rate from inception and sent off etc.  BUT from 21 Nov 2013 to 17th June 2014 there are no notes at all!  Now the hearing was on the 10th Jan 2014!   17/06/2014 14:43 *****Substantial EVS costs to be added to any SF ****** 17/06/2014 14:43 EVS Defended + At the hearing on 10/01/2014 an SPO for 500 on 26/01/2014 and then CMI + £60 wef 26/02/2014 plus MJ for £103,331.03 suspended on the same terms. It was also held that we could add our costs - Defended costs on this case are £33,879.80. 17/06/2014 00:00 Reviewed Reviewed 17/06/2014 00:00 ***Defended Costs*****:To be added to any SF ***Defended Costs*****:To be added to any SF 21/11/2013 04:13 ADHOC Statement Printed From 03/10/13 To 13/11/13 Batch 2015 Sequence 28 Printed 13/11/2013 00:00:00   Above you can cleary see the gap then suddenly the first notes talk about the court case and costs etc, at the trial in OCT the judge reserved cost till the next hearing (also stated on the documentation from the court)  but then at that hearing in Jan 2014 we did not discuss costs - the 6 month gap I feel is very suspicious.    The final court document  dated 13th Jan 2014 says to pay the claimant £103,331.03 which is the amount outstanding under the mortgage and goes on to says order were not to be enforced as long as we pay etc.  no mention of costs at all - so they seem to just be adding them   3.   They sent a field agent to me in Jan 2018, I only knew this as on the 9th Jan 2018 I was working at home and heard the letterbox, thought it was the postman, went to the door to find an envelope shoved through the door with a letter in it saying they had been requested to visit me and that they called today but I was not in! and gave a number for me to call ( I saw the woman walking down the driveway - but she did not ring the bell! and I wasn't about to run after her!)   But in the notes they have written this utter lie!   30/01/2018 12:44 Field Agent Report Received The field agent visited the security address on three occasions. The customer was spoken to through the window. They refused to discuss and refused to answer the door. The contact number on file is not recognised. RFA - Not known Reasons for items not verified:N/A Details of variances of items outside of expenditure guidelines and reasons N/A Property is a detached house in good condation valued at £406,000. Equity not known. I actually cannot believe what I have read here! Can I ask them for some kind of proof of this, because I don't know who they are talking about but it certainly wasn't me!   4.  the documents they had sent me a joke, they have sent 77 documents in total, none of these are copies of letter from Elderbridge (which is who I sent the SAR to) all from First Plus and certainly not ALL of them, they have been bulked out by sending me copies of documents that I sent TO THEM for my court defence and there are strange Black boxes over some of the text!? which I don't understand!     After receiving this info from Elderbridge I decided to send a SAR to Barclays and I got a small package with a couple of letters, some diary notes and screen shot of the account, as well as a short statement of account. This was for our ORIGINAL loan from Feb 2006,  (we topped it up in June 2006) and the first one was closed.  The second one is the one that has been transferred to Elderbridge but Barclays seem to know be denying ALL knowledge of it! and I know that they still hold the beneficial interest of these loans and that Elderbridge regularly contact Barclays for help and advise - I have contact with other account holders who have diary notes from Elderbridge showing contact to Barclays!..   This week I also had a reply from the FOS (only from an adjudicator not an ombudsman) and his initial opion is that it's ok for Elderbridge to claim the costs as we defaulted, he seems to be ignoring my argument that the relationship is unfair etc but I will be sending this back and asking for it to be looked at by an ombudsman.   But was hoping that someone here could give me any advise re all of this - sorry I know it's a lot!!
    • why all the blanked out stuff in the parking contract? and no proof its paid this year either?  
  • Our picks

lufc

Lufc V Monument & Cabot

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2307 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Monument Wouldnt Deal With Dmp Just Add More Charges Over 2 Half Yrs Yep A Very Big Claim Got My S.a.r Form And Postal Order Now Cabot State In A Letter They Have Bought The Debt From Monument So Were Can I Get A Cca Template Letter So I Can Start War Yes War With Cabot Bring It On Little Bullies Cabot Will Keep All Posted

Monument Wouldnt Deal With Dmp Just Add More Charges Over 2 Half Yrs Yep A Very Big Claim Got My S.a.r Form And Postal Order Now Cabot State In A Letter They Have Bought The Debt From Monument So Were Can I Get A Cca Template Letter So I Can Start War Yes War With Cabot Bring It On Little Bullies Cabot Will Keep All Posted
ADVISE WELCOME

removed by order

barclay card{monument} defaulted me in feburary 2007 with 1,914 pounds but cabot

took over in june2007 but according to creditexpert cabot defaulted me in

feb2007 with a debt of 2,706 so shall i send s a r and cca to both

Cabot for starters to make sure they can legally collect, then SAR B'card for all the charges.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

hi there all... i put all my debts into a D.M.P.IN october 2005 monument card balance was then £2706...but monument put on credit file clear states £1914 with a default on 28.2.2007.......on june 10 2007 i got a letter from cabot stateing they bought the debt... on credit file.. cabot default balance states £1913.... but cabot are claiming full balance £2706 and cabot put a default on credit file 28.2.2007 so they both defaulted me on the same day AS MY D.M.P HAVE ALWAYS SENT CHECKS ON TIME

Read the Cabot threads. They're not crystal balls, but they will help you to understand the mysterious ways of the Cabot Clowns.

hi there all... i put all my debts into a D.M.P.IN october 2005 monument card balance was then £2706...but monument put on credit file clear states £1914 with a default on 28.2.2007.......on june 10 2007 i got a letter from cabot stateing they bought the debt... on credit file.. cabot default balance states £1913.... but cabot are claiming full balance £2706 and cabot put a default on credit file 28.2.2007 so they both defaulted me on the same day CAN THEY BOTH DO THAT AS MY DEBT MANGMENT PROGRAM HAVE ALWAYS SENT CHECKS ON

Not at all sure how your DMP works. But it might be worth letting them know what is happening. I was under the impression that they are suposed to do all the work for you. After all, it's what they get paid for?

At least then you will have an answer from the as to what, if any, problems they might have had with monument. And if monument weren't playing ball with your DMP, it's difficult to see how Cabot can expect you to pay any more than your DMP lot were trying to arrange. After all, it's all you can afford, so Cabot would have difficulty getting anything greater enforced through the courts.

See what your DMP lot say.

As You Can See Monument Credit Card Have Stated If Charges Are Refuned..they Will Pay There D.c.a Which Is Cabot......the Charges By Law Are Mine And I Want The Check Paid To Me ....so Is There Any Kind Of Template Requesting Check Paid To Claimint Thanks

There isn't a specific template letter to my knowledge but you are right - it's your money so you should be able to ask for a cheque ( I know trhat Sequenci on here has definitely done this successfully ).

I would send a letter ( keep a copy, recorded delivery ) simply stating that you would like a cheque made payable to xxxxxx to be sent to your address. Clearly state that any monies paid to third parties will NOT be seen as a refund of your charges.

then would cabot have reduce the debt

The charges are a separate issue to Cabot chasing you. So you could decide either to pay them whatever you can afford each month on a longer term basis or you could use some of your refund to offer them full and final settlement ( useful link for this below ). But you aren't obliged to use the money for this if you don't want to.

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 24 Full And Final Settlement Offers

The charges are a separate issue to Cabot chasing you. So you could decide either to pay them whatever you can afford each month on a longer term basis or you could use some of your refund to offer them full and final settlement ( useful link for this below ). But you aren't obliged to use the money for this if you don't want to.

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 24 Full And Final Settlement Offers

cheers mate but you are aware that cabot are part of barclycard

cheers powell but still a [problem] cos barclycard bought cabot out ...

cheers mate but you are aware that cabot are part of barclycard

What do you mean by this lufc ? Not sure you should be posting this sort of info unless you have concrete proof. Cabot are connected to Barclaycard, but only in the sense that they 'buy' a lot of their (Barclycard's) defaulted accounts...unless you have information that you'd like to share with us all :-)

Just hate every DCA out there

No, what LUFC is doing is showing that he has inserted foot before engaging brain. Again.

Until you know what you are talking about LUFC, might I suggest you stick to reading the threads and asking SENSIBLE questions before offering advice. It might seem like I'm a having a dig again, but you have already been told that Cabot now fly the flag for Japan. And you cannot go around accusing anyone of [causing problems] in an open forum without proof.

PLEASE THINK FIRST, POST LATER.

Rant over. :mad:

Hi lufc.... is this the thread you mentioned in your PM ? I'm assuming it is is...

Did you get a response to your CCA request to Cabot ?

cabot sent a credit agreement 12 mths statements thats all under the c.c.a request shows checks stock piled rolling into 3 and 4 checks cashed i 1 mth ....the problem when it was a providian card i signed a credit app name,adress,income,signture, just basic was a 4x 6 app out of a sunday magg

can you scan the agreement?

post office

WON 12/11/06

abbey

LBA sent 30/10/06

MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06

allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06

schedule of charges sent 16/12/06

WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07

WON

complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and leicester

WON

Hi lufc.... is this the thread you mentioned in your PM ? I'm assuming it is is...

Did you get a response to your CCA request to Cabot ?

posted app

LUFC, could you possible host it on Photobucket as it way too small to read.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too