Coppertop v RBOS (daughters claim)

coppertop

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have written more than once to the RBOS for statements but with no success. We didn't have my daughter's account number but gave all her previous addresses (she was a student at the time so moved more than once!). The last time a letter went recorded delivery, private and confidential to Gordon Pell, Chairman and Chief Executive, but even he hasn't had the courtesy to reply.

Anyone got any email addresses for them? I could bombard them with emails - it's no good ringing because I know they won't speak to me due to the DPA!

Coppertop, have you followed the process as instructed on this site, or are you simply sending letters requesting statements. The only reason I ask is that if you have mentioned that what you are asking for is a Data Protection Act Subject Access Request then there is a standard process which can be followed in order to escalate the issue properly. I'm not sure escalating letters to certain individuals will have the same affect as threatening them with court!

If you have requested the statements through an SAR then they have 40 days to comply. If this time is up, then they are in breech of the Data Protection Act. At this point you can do two things. Firstly you can make a complaint to the ICO and tell RBS you are doing so. This probably won't have much affect but what it will do is raise another complaint against the RBS. The second thing you can do which I'm sure will get a response, is send them an LBA for non-compliance with the DPA instructing them to send you the statements in 7 days else you will take them to court. The court will enforce a disclosure and could include damages.

All this is documented including template letters in the Library section (look for non-compliance).

If you follow this process, I would have thought you will get a response soon.

If however, you have not requested the statements via a SAR, I suggest you start there as you probably haven't got an easy fight on your hands - much easier to start from scratch with the formal process.

Apologies if I'm telling you something you already know, but you didn't really explain in the OP what you have sent. Also, try to use the listed addresses on the RBS Contact list, these places have designated teams dealing with these letters, sending them elsewhere will probably just delay the process.

HTH

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!