• Tweets

• The important thing here is to be pragmatic and factual. I'm afraid that they are not interested in the effect that it is having on you. In fact the more they think that it is having some kind of emotional or stressing effect on you then the better they like it because this has the effect of putting more pressure on you and making them feel that they can eventually get you to back down. Telling them how stressful and inconvenient everything has been is simply trying to appeal to their conscience and you should have realised by now that this is not an effective gambit. In fact telling them about the effects on you is effectively asking them to feel sorry for you and to go easy on you. I don't understand why you have removed the references to the liability period because this is an important aspect of their argument and in my suggested draft we rebutted that and yet you have decided to omit it completely. Not only have we rebutted it, we also demonstrated that they are now inventing aspects of their contract – and yet you have omitted it completely. This letter should have been sent off on Monday. I thought you were going to deal with it over the weekend and put up your comments on the Sunday morning and that it would be sent off on the Monday. We are now at the end of the week and nothing has been sent. Please send off my draft straightaway. In future, please can you stick to the timescales that we set out
    • Note the ccj number You need copies of the judgement ccj and the claimform (address and particulars of claim text   before your moved 4yrs ago when was the last one. You must have also moved close to just before the ccj date.   have a read of these threads they will tell you how to fill the n56 in properly disputing the debt.   Programmable Search Engine CSE.GOOGLE.COM Dx
    • I'm getting really confused here. We extensively discussed the letter of claim/letter before action.   Forum post number 88   An update.   The letter before action has been sent along with an email.   The court has also acknowledged receipt of my documents and application to set aside the statutory demand.   Matthew Moore from Lord Roofing and Groundworks has also replied to my email. I've copied it below.   Another one of your colleagues confirmed there was an issue with the site. I sent you a personal email with the draft as I thought it was just me having technical issues. Andyorch advised that I should not give too much away.   I've made it personal because I'm not a lawyer/solicitor and I wanted to express not just the financial cost and effect this is having on me.   There is no liability period. I took most of the information out, as I understood from Andyorch that I should try and be less specific and mention all the core details in the Particulars of Claim if it gets to the court stage. Am I not correct in asserting that the liability period is irrelevant- they have had multiple attempts to rectify the issue under the Consumer Rights Act. I therefore have no trust or faith in their services. Therefore they no longer have a statutory right to repair/put right their work. There is no liability period. Its not specified and it was never mentioned to me. I'm not hiding anything, and I've expressed all my acts of commision as well as omission.   I'm trying my best, and sometimes I don't always understand what you mean/want. If the consensus is that I should send your initial draft, then I'm happy with that. I'd been reading the legislation for the Consumer Rights Act, and the main reason I removed some parts of your draft was because I felt it was not relevant to the case, especially as they:   1. Ignored any requests for mediation (as per contract 2. Refused to put right my issues that I raised 3. Stated that the workmanship was adequate 4. Attended my property multiple times to "repair" their work   I hope that clears things up.  
    • There has been no agreement made, they want far too much. I can't talk on the phone, it's quite difficult for me. I'm incredibly hard of hearing, and at the moment my speech is not good.  But thank you
    • here we go, Fox news UK, a good 'fit' for Johnsons Britain complete with Piers Morgan, Rebecca Brooks, Chris Evens, Jeremy Kyle under the Man  "not a fit person to exercise the stewardship of a major international company"  - Rupert Murdock - IMCCO and that of a majority of the then UK govs cross party committee opinion (the Conservative members voted against of course)   Still Johnson unit for office and a media mogul unfit to run a company like I said - a good fit.   Piers Morgan to launch new show on Rupert Murdoch-owned network WWW.BBC.COM It is the controversial presenter's first major new job since he left Good Morning Britain in March.     UK lawmakers: Rupert Murdoch unfit to run company | Reuters WWW.REUTERS.COM Rupert Murdoch is not fit to run a major international company, British lawmakers said on Tuesday, finding him ultimately responsible for the...    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

scottyb46 v Amex

scottyb46

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A quick note, and the story so far. Done the SAR, got my details, Amex owed me £140, gave me back £92 with no fuss, I've asked for the rest and got the standard waffle schmoffle. I gave them a week to fully satisfy my request, which they declined to act upon, sent a mock up of the MCOL form, which they again ignored, so I've gone ahead and filed for £48, plus the £30 court fee plus all the statutory interest.

They have filed notice of intention to defend.

I feel a bit pedantic, but then I thought, no - sidd it. If they gave me my money back straight away it would have cost £140. Now it will cost that, plus all the letters and time (and we know how expensive their time must be given the level of cost they think they incur if we pay a day late) plus interest and court fees. It seems a bit backward to me - If were them I'd settle anything under £500 instantly as it must cost more to read the letters.

I'll keep the thread up to date. Meanwhile, Halifiax still haven't made a brew, let alone switched the computer on to print out my records...

Welcome scotty, we'll follow your progress with intererst (no punintended)

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

Update

That was quite disappointing really. Amex have paid up in full, without admitting libility of course, and have asked for the dogs to be called off. They must have a limit somewhere along the way that says we pay up below this amount and drag our feet if it's more.

presumably you are disppointed because you relished the punch-up!!

CONGRATULTIONS!

anyway, scotty. Don't call off teh dogs until their cheque has cleared.

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.