• Tweets

• good grief no!! thats might all be for your WS IFIFIF the claim ever goes that far as already advised a few times.........................   there are 100's of no stopping threads here on CAG   use our enhanced google search on this same page and search for the above words.   put up your take on our 3 -5 line generic non descripto defence you'll see      
    • I see Javid is saying that boosters for all is now the option   Hows that then when they couldn't meet the prior demand? (as also evidenced by members here)
    • was coming back to edit the above but cant   The default notice dated 02 December 2015 (Exhibit 1) states that the Account balance of £2144.88, the Credit Limit is £2000, thus the arrears on the account are £144.88, not the £200 as stated in the letter.   With the arrears being £144.88.   The sum to take the account out of arrears is £144.88 there is no justification for the £200and nothing has been advised in the default notice.   Section 88(c) states that if a breach is not capable of remedy, the sum if any is required to be paid as compensation of the breach, there is no mention of the sum, just the balance outstanding, plus interest and charges due.    The above makes the default notice invalid and thus the claimant is not entitled as per Section 87(1) of the CCA 1974 that the debtor in accordance to with section 87.1 issue a default notice before the creditor or owner can become entitled.   Im getting confused now.
    • Great, well done. Well done also on managing to talk to the court. That seems to be very difficult for most people nowadays
    • Hi Guys, I need to submit my defense for the MCOL due date is 3rd Dec. I don't know if I need to write so much of the attached and whether the details is required afterwards. Please let me know, if the below is ok to submit. Thanks   ************************ I arrived at Liverpool John Lennon airport around 5:30am on 30th July 2019, to park my car in a prebooked car park, called Imagine Parking, located approx 150 metres from the entrance of the airport building. I paid for the parking and flights in May 2019 (receipt attached) for our annual family holiday to Italy. On entering the airport premises I asked my family to look for any signs to the Imagine Parking, as it was dark and the signs were very difficult to read. Unfortunately neither the satnav nor anyone in the car could find the Imagine Parking. After exiting the airport premises following the one way system and then re-entered it again. Again we couldn’t find our car park and I decided to drive in to the pickup/dropoff  car park to collect my thoughts. I double checked the address and postcode and had entered the correct information and read the directions again. So, I paid the £3 exit fee and drove carefully, this time using my son’s mobile phone satnav, but again the satnav said we had reached our destination, so I noticed the entrance to a car park off the roundabout shown in the photo, thinking it must be our car park, however just as I was entering I couldn’t see any signs saying “Imagine Car Park.” I also noticed that if I drove further into this car park, then I would be driving towards barriers to the car park and there was also a raised kerb dividing the entry and exit for the entrance to this car park, so I stopped in order to avoid getting trapped, this was for a few seconds and as I was about to drive away, I noticed a couple of cabin crew walking towards my car and I asked my son to jump out with the Imagine car park document to ask for directions, but they were unable to help, so my son sat back in the car and just I was about to move, I noticed a minibus with “Imagine Parking” written on the side and managed to follow it to their car park about 100 metres away. As can be seen from the timestamp on the photo’s, it was 5:58am and our flight gate was due to close at 7am (flight was 7:30am) and I was feeling anxious. The timestamp also shows I had stopped to avoid going into the wrong car park at 5:57:23 and followed the van at 5:58:07, therefore a total of 44 seconds. I didn’t look towards gaining any advantage by driving towards the wrong car park. Please note the postcode for the Imagine car park and the airport are the same, the driving instructions, which I had read prior to leaving and at the “dropoff/pickup” car park seemed to make sense, but I still couldn’t see the car park. Normally there would be signs to any private car parks. I made an appeal to VCS Ltd and on their online appeal form, there is a drop-down option for mitigating circumstances “to ask for directions,” however, this seems to be bogus and covert practice to get drivers to reveal their own identity only, it is not a legitimate option for mitigating circumstances. I provided VCS with all the above information with car parking receipt (with dates) for Imagine Parking and the boarding pass for the flight. I even explained the above to the first company debt collecting agency. As can be seen from the above, I tried to get VCS Ltd to cancel the PCN with sufficient mitigating circumstances, to no avail. I’m hoping the mitigating circumstances for turning my car away from the wrong car park for 44 seconds are sufficient to dismiss this claim, however if the courts are minded to the claim of a “breach of contract,” then I would like to contest it on the following basis:- I did not enter a contract knowingly and no terms were offered on arrival. I still haven’t seen the “contract” after 2.5 years. It was dark/dusk and the signs are not lit. Even if it was light, how can a driver read a contract written on the side of a road? How would anybody know they’re entering to a contract by driving on a road to an airport? As a matter of law, only the landowners can issue legal proceedings in their own name, VCS Ltd are not the landowners, merely agents with their own tort of law procedures for parking. If any damages did occur for maneuvering a car for 44 seconds, then how is the value of £160 reached? A parking charge notice was issued, however I did not park anywhere on the roads. The roads are governed by the highways byelaws and therefore VCS have no authority for these roads. I have received 13 letters from 4 different debt collecting agencies for a tort of law claim. I request this case be totally dismissed.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Ad V Abbey

AD33

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4834 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Managed to get statements after A eternity..... and after sending them a LBA.

When statements arrived though they only sent 1 year !!!

What should my next step be?

AD

Barclays

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 26.01.07

Schedule sent 28.02.07

LBA sent 14.03.07

N1 filed 10.04.07

Settlement 14.05.07 (£2270)

Has anyone rung the Abbey when they have been in a similar situation???

AD

Barclays

Schedule sent 28.02.07

LBA sent 14.03.07

N1 filed 10.04.07

The fastest way i found with the Abbey was asking to be put through to "delivery services". They ignored letters but Delivery services sent them out within 5 days! Worth a try

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Reka [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/93120-reka-abbey-court.html[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/101308-t-cs-nov-1998-a.html[/URL] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]Abbey *WON IN COURT* £2775[/SIZE][SIZE=1](awaiting payment) [/SIZE][/FONT] [B][FONT=Tahoma]Warrant of Execution filed 22/06/07[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma]***Warrant Issued 22nd June 2007***[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=red]PAID IN FULL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcAaoRr8H5c[/URL]

Thanks,

Can you remeber the number you called??

AD

Barclays

Schedule sent 28.02.07

LBA sent 14.03.07

N1 filed 10.04.07

Hi AD33,

Eternity....:D get ready for Shabby's fun and games!!!

I actually asked for my statements in Feb I only received them 22nd of June!!!

I kept ALL correspondance and also backed up any letters with a duplicate fax.

Then sent the WHOLE lot to the IC and FO including proof of registered mail and faxes....they found Abbey in Breach of the DPA and gave them two weeks to get their finger out!!!

The IC and FO apparently fast track if they see that you have tried to resolve it yourself.

ok in my effort to be nice.... I rung Abbey today and asked why I had only recieved 1 years worth of statements. And was told as I sent £10 cash registered of course! they did not send all the statements...

The lady (Sheena Small Abbey data compliance milton keynes) said give them 7 days and I will have them all...

I will wait but wont hold my breath....

AD

Barclays

Schedule sent 28.02.07

LBA sent 14.03.07

N1 filed 10.04.07

• 2 weeks later...

got my statements and sent my lba. But then there is that oft decision....... what happens now????

Barclays

Schedule sent 28.02.07

LBA sent 14.03.07

N1 filed 10.04.07

business as usual then I suppose.........

Barclays

Schedule sent 28.02.07

LBA sent 14.03.07

N1 filed 10.04.07

• 11 months later...

so i got my statements last year. Had other stuff to deal with but recently have restarted my claim but know cannot find the "letter before action" letter in the templates library can anyone shed any light as to where to find it!!????

Barclays

Schedule sent 28.02.07

LBA sent 14.03.07

N1 filed 10.04.07

Jo, that one is if they have not replied to you, but they have replied with the usual oft letter, shall I just amend and send? what do you think?

Barclays

Schedule sent 28.02.07

LBA sent 14.03.07

N1 filed 10.04.07

Hi again

Well.... in the revised guide to reclaiming since the Test Case started, the advice is still to send this letter as is; however my personal opinion would be just to say

"You have failed to satisfactorily respond to my letter......"

or something along those lines.

Hope that helps.

Jo x

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Jo,

you a star thanks for your advice, will be sending today.

Andrew x

Barclays

Schedule sent 28.02.07

LBA sent 14.03.07

N1 filed 10.04.07

• 1 month later...

right I am now ready for the next step. Its been a while so im just checking do I fill in the N1 then make my way to the county court??

Barclays

Schedule sent 28.02.07

LBA sent 14.03.07

N1 filed 10.04.07

Hiya stranger

You can either post the N1 or hand-deliver it; personally I would advise the latter, to ensure that it is received. You will need 3 copies of the form and any attachments (spreadsheet, PoC etc), along with a cheque/cash for the fee, unless you are exempt. The clerk will either stamp your copy and hand it back, or post it back to you when it has been processed.

Then you just sit and wait. :(

Best regards

Jo x

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool: