Should I still go to court

the gorgeous one

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted a thread a few days ago but now can't find it so apologise to anyone who responded.

My court case is on Monday 16th July as a block booking.

The claim I have actually put in is for £2964.43 for the period 1997 -2004. this amount includes interest charges and court costs.

Because i was panicking I also put in a claim for £2285.84 for the years 1999-2004 as I wasn't sure if i could claim for longer than 6 years.

Earlier on this week I noticed £2,015.30 in my account but received no letter until today. The letter states:

We refer to the above matter (claim number etc) and confirm that our client will be settling your claim within 5 working days by depositing the sum of £2,015.30 (inclusive of interest and fees) into your bank account.

You are advised at this stage that by our client meeting your claim on this occasion, this is not to be treated in any way as an admission of liability. This is merely an attempt to resolve the matter amicably between the parties concerned.

We therefore trust you shall write to the Blackburn County Court to confirm that the claim has been settled once the funds have been received and provide this office with a copy of the letter for our clients records

Yours faithfully

SC&M

My questions are Should i still go to court and how have they come up with the amount they have given us. If we lose will we have to pay this amount back or can I still attend court in the hope of winning the full amount

Jill