paulomarto v RBS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok ive read in the Daily Mirror on Wednesday 4th July in the Money section that people are now adding self-litigation fees to their claims. This is the first i have heard of this so I havent a clue what they are and why they are able to charge this fee but sounds good, so anyone who could help in explaining these any help is appreciated :) It says that these are around £230 how is this amount arrived at and at what point during your claim can you push to get this on top of the money which they already owe you??

Thanx :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok finally managed to get them on some webspace. av a look see wot u think if u like them then you can change them to fit the request which you have recieved, some responses may be relevant to you you might hae to add extra responses depending on what they have asked from you in the part 18 you have recieved from cobbetts. the part 18 request to them is pretty universal for everyone. there is also a cover letter most people can use. enjoy give any feedback good or bad! enjoy! :)

ftp://ftp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/response to part 18 request template.doc

ftp://ftp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/part 18 request template.doc

ftp://ftp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/cover template.doc

ftp://ftp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/cobbetts letter template.rtf

[ok sorry ingnore these dnt think theyre working ill try and fix them soon

Can I just add that the only time any claimant should respond to a CPR part 18 request is when they're ordered to do so by the courts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Can I just add that the only time a claimant is required to respond to a CPR part 18 request is when the court orders the claimant to do so?

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Yeah that is a good point hedgey and that is included in the covering letter as well that was sent with the response but its also explained that for the court and judges benefit and clarification a response has been made out of respect for them. The response however does not have to be sent a covering letter explaining that the claimant is not required to respond and also outlining the intimidation used in the Part 18 Request should be sufficient. It is up to the claimant whether they think the response may be useful or not but it is there for people to check out and comment on. This is new to me so id also like any comments anyone may have about my response when i can finally work out how to do my webspace and get the files sorted to post on this again hehe

Haven't seen this but it sounds a good idea to me!!!

I'm in the process of putting together my "court bundle", as I've got my Day-in-Court at the beginning of August.

The amount of time spent sourcing the info and printing it out, the amount of paper and ink used (3 copies needed) and cost of folders etc. as well as all the other letters sent in the lead up to this stage I reckon it should be at least £230.

I can't see any difficulty justifying that amount.......I should imagine a solicitor would charge 4 times that (just based on what they charge for conveyancing)

I think I'll mention it when I get to court;) :D

Yeah I sort of get it now but I was wondering whether you'll have to prove the costing used to come to £230?? Anyway I thought it was a really good idea and worth a shot at mentioning it in court as you say canobeabs. How long you been doing your court bundle by the way?? and where did you find out what you need to make up your court bundle??

Ok well my case has been transferred to Liverpool County Court, along with the notice of this on the letter it had been crossed out that an allocation questionaire needs to be done, however on another sheet provided with it from the judge at northampton it says an AQ must be done, but no AQ was sent with this letter. Does that mean an AQ does not need to be done or do I have to ring Liverpool County Court and ask them for one??

If the above came from Northampton, wait until you hear from your local county court - they should be in contact within the next few days. Although you could always phone Northampton for clarification if you wish.

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

6 threads merged. Please keep all of your progress on one thread as it makes it easier to follow your progress.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If the above came from Northampton, wait until you hear from your local county court - they should be in contact within the next few days. Although you could always phone Northampton for clarification if you wish.
Yeah I thought of waiting but its bin a few weeks since that was sent to me from northampton so think i will give the court a ring cheers m8ey :)

Hi paulomarto............been "trying" to put my bundle together for about 2 weeks now.

It's the motivation to get it done that I'm lacking. Sometimes I just think it's a lot of hassle then think well it is £1500 .

As far as costs I reckon I could justify twice that £230 in headache tablets alone........stress or what!!

got to get it all done and sent off ion next couple of days though

canobeans

ok then i finally sorted some webspace out to put my templates for my replies to cobbetts part 18 request. I also sent them a part 18 request so that is on there as well, along with a covering letter. Give me any feedback good or bad its the first claim im doing so everything is new and i done this through a bit of research using info from a few members of this site so some of the wording etc might ring a bell. any way tell me what ya think people, it might be helpful for some people at the stage of replying to cobbetts.

Index of /files/

if n e probs with link let me know am not too confident at the computer so dnt know if itll work for everyone i checked it then and its fine for me though. Just click on unscheduled full backup when you get onto it then open the folders till you see the files. Theyre best opened on microsoft word to keep the layout correct if opened using anything else youll probably have to edit it but aim to have the same layout as cobbetts defence and part 18

You've obviously gone to an extemely lot of hard work to compile this. However, as previously stated, the only time when it's necessary to respond to cobbetts CPR part 18 request is when the court orders you to do so. If the court doesn't order you to respond, send them the letter that's linked to my signature.

If the court does order you to respond - there's also a good response linked to my signature (this can be found in the link for 'nat west claimants').

The request for further information (CPR part 18 request) is intimidatory in it's nature and claimants are advised not respond to it unless the court orders them to do so.

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Yeah I think ive read your posts when I was compiling them actually, and I havent had a response to the part 18 request but that was as expected. I think it does give a strong message though with the layout as it is, that the request and defence has not made any dents in your confidence and that the claimant is not as stupid as they would hope they are. It was a bit of work but work I found really interesting and work that hopefully other people won't have to do now that there are templates. I wanted to give them a message that I am not to be tested and intimidated like they were trying to do and was thinking of a way to do it that was totally unexpected by the cobbetts solicitor and I believed that was something that could not be done with just a simple letter, even though the letter would have been more than sufficient to get the information across I really wanted to give them more to think about than just the information they requested. Also I did include in the covering letter that I was not required to send them a reply but thought I'd send one out of respect for the court and judge as it would make things a bit clearer and hopefully easier for the judge when reviewing the case. I would say though that the Part 18 request that I sent to them would be very useful for most people so anyone else who is at that point feel free to use the template

Hi Paulo,

I'm in court 04/09/07, was also sent the CPR 18 request and sent back the small claim track letter (I haven't heard anything from them since then)!

I've asked for a court buddy to help me (a bit thick at all this), plus I'm away for the 3 weeks before the hearing so the bundle will have to go in early. The letter from the court also stated that it would take no longer than 1hr 30mins, they are either going to give me a grilling or they are doing them in groups.

I'm wondering now if I should be sending a nudge letter to RBS or Cobbetts (don't know which)?

Good Luck & I'll keep you posted x

Ladymuck x

• 3 weeks later...
Hedgey add initimidating CPR 18 letter from RBS.

Can u post me the letter i need to send when court does not order me to respond.

Cant find next to your signature!

Thanks for your help

Sorry - I've changed my sig to include the OFT announcement!

If you click on the link for Nat West claimants and scroll down, you'll find a link to send to Cobbetts regarding their CPR 18 request. It's only a short letter - but ensure you attach a copy of your schedule of charges to it. ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***