• Tweets

• Women-only co-working spaces are part of the new hybrid working landscape, but they divide opinion.View the full article
    • deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx  
    • Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention of peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now - post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!   Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.   Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.   A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • The EV maker slashes more jobs and brings forward new models as profits drop by more than half.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Clydesdale - Part refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

Just thought I would start a thread re the Clydesdale, as I hand delivered my DPA letter yesterday. Will keep updated as to progress.

15/6/06 Clydesdale - DAP delivered to branch

23/6/06 - letter received saying they will send statements

14/7/06 - Statements received, calculator ready!

18/7/06 - charges totalled and first prelim letter put through bank's door

12/9/06 lba delivered to bank

26/9/06 - cheque for £371.03 (half) received

Very quick reaction from bank, branch called same day they received dpa letter, didn't get message till too late so will call them on Monday

Hi There

Glad to see someone started a thread on the Clydesdale Bank.

We have sent our request for our charges over the last six years using form from library. THIS MORNING we got a letter in return -

We refer to your recent letter requesting information held by the Bank under the terms of the Data Protection Act and note that you have paid the £10 fee.

We confirm that we shall be able to provide you with copies of your bank statements covering the last 6 years under the right of access under the Data Protection Act 1998.

Within the terms of the Act we have 40 days in which to provide you with the information we hold.

We also note your request for disclosure of data relating to manual intervention on your account. This is not data which you are entitled to receive under a data subject access request and accordingly no such disclosure will be made,

We will forward the information to you as soon as possible, should you require any further assistance please contact your branch.

Now to me they are refusing certain info can anyone advise whether i need to respond to this or is it Unimportant

Thanks in Advance

Wonderful site

D & G Cairns

Very quick reaction from bank, branch called same day they received Data Protection Act letter, didn't get message till too late so will call them on Monday

that was my experience too. Data Protection Act letter acknowledged within 10 days and statements arrived this morning 20 day of my DPA letter.

RBOS - £1435.00 LBA - 2/5/06 - rtn date 6/07 -hearing 13./07 Settled 1st claim of £740 + costs in full.

Abbey - £1525.00 LBA- 8/5/06

Clydesdale -£1738.10 - LBA 16/06/06

"that will be my money, non?"

Thanks for the support and info everyone.

I called the branch this morning and the lady in question wasn't working today, the person who answered the call said there was no info on her desk, so will try again tomorrow. 40 days still counting so their loss, not mine.:)

Spoke to branch manager today, she advised me that although she would pass on my request, if the information the DPA request produced was not what I wanted, and it was provided by copy statements, then I would be charged a substantial amount of money. So I informed her that this would not be what was happening as the information would be under DPA and therefore not copy statements.

I don't think she was too happy with this, she seemed to have the thought that the paperwork I would receive would not give me the information I was looking for, and therefore I would need copy statements, and these would cost a "substantial sum". According to her she was just letting me know this and making sure I understood this point. So I made sure she understood that I had support in making this claim and did not agree that I would be paying for any statements. So lets wait and see what they send me.

They tried this trick with a few of us, but they seem to have backed down of late & are providing people with copy statements under the terms of the DPA (and for the £10 maximum fee).

If they start playing silly beggars, report them to the Information Commissioner, this is the route I had to take & I have recieved all of the copy statements for my Current & Credit Card accounts.

If you want it, I would be happy to send you a copy of their letter to me, confirming that they were willing to provide this information to others.

Don't let them try & con you into paying £5 a statement!

Stand firm & you will get your statements!

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim

Thanks for that Jmio,

Received letter as per jachar's post so just waiting now for the statements. Thanks to jmio and others who went down the long route, kinda made it easier for the rest of us.

I can't wait to see how much I can claim back, I remember losing almost half my wages and a years bonus to the charges. I am so glad I found this site.

I will post again when I get the statements and know the dizzying amount I can claim back.:rolleyes: (dreaming of shopping trips!!)

No problem - let me know if you need help!

:)

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim

• 3 weeks later...

Well after what seemed forever, I have now received my copy statements. I have started going through them, and have reached my first £750 within 2 years, and I thought that was when I was being good. I dread to think what the more recent ones will show.

About to send off my prelim letter, but as per others experiences, I am expecting very little.

Best of luck to us all:)

You can expect them to squirm & wriggle all the way, but as Bookworm says just keep your head focused on the fact that it's YOUR money, and you want it back.

Well, I sat yesterday in the coolness of my house, and totalled up my charges. It only took me to 2003 to make the first £742. I made a schedule of charges with dates, description and amounts, and also got the prelim letter.

This has been posted through the banks door, and they will have received this in the branch this morning.

I am sooo looking forward to this now, it feels so good to be making a stand after all the misery they have caused me:razz:

Wow! That was quick, I only put the letter through the door of the branch on Thursday. Today I received the first go away letter with the terms and conditions etc. Now have LBA and this will go to branch tonight.

• 1 month later...

Ok timeline has gone wonky, lba did not get posted to branch until Tues 12 September. Hopefully I should have a reply soon or will be trotting down to court with papers in hand.

I do have to say though, quite weird to be posting lba to branch in one hand, and receiving threatening letters re same account with other. However have been on dca forum and am just about to get £1 postal orders and start that also.

Am now back on track with my BAG head on and will not cease till I get some money back!

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure I will soon be cross eyed!, however at least I should be able to afford new glasses.

Letter back to say they are looking into situation and will get back to me in 4 weeks. Unfortunately for them, 14 days runs out tomorrow.

I have read the small claims stuff and will be on the steps of the court tomorrow, money in hand to start proceedings. I even have my power suit looked out, so I at least look like I know what I'm doing.

Unless of course a cheque arrives on my doormat today or tomorrow, funnily enough I don't think I'll hold my breath.

I'll keep you posted

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Happy Happy Happy Happy!!!!!!!!

Cheque received this morning for £371.03 - How happy am I.

Obviously letter with it advising full and final settlement etc, so will reply to advise I would like the other half. Still will go through to Perth court to start claim, but how ironic is it to pay for claim with money from the bank.

What can I say, thank goodness for this site, I don't expect there will be much work done today.

Karen

Posted letter to bank yesterday evening saying thanks very much, I accept this as part payment. Please refer to previous correspondence as to my intentions.

Will start small claim tomorrow for other half of claim.

wish me luck.

Sounds like you won't need luck, although it may be a while before you need the power suit unless the Scottish Courts manage to move things quicker than the English ones.

At least you can afford some specs now!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.