Cabot v Windywoo - HELP-SD ISSUED *** WON + COSTS ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would also love to join the Cabot club!:D

I received their "Hello" letter yesterday, they have bought a credit card debt which I could not afford to pay from Barclaycard/Littlewoods.

Following the invaluable advice on this forum, I had already CCA'd Littlewoods at the end of May. They responded with the unsigned application form, no T&C,'s or statement of account, and as they hadn't come up with the goods, I was biding my time!

I will CCA Cabot in the meantime, no doubt they will come up with the same document.:D

I have sent off my SAR request, and have received all statements, but as yet haven't had the time to start my claim.

Reading through the other threads, looks like they can be tough, so I may need some help!!:mad:

L/Woods B/Card/Cabot - Unenforceable CCA, SD Issued *WON+COSTS*

Capital One/Cabot - No CCA account irrecoverable.

Citi/DLC Hillesden - No CCA account irrecoverable

MBNA/Aegis - Unenforceable CCA

B/Card/HFO - Unenforceable CCA

Fashion World - No CCA account irrecoverable

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Seahorse, I've just had a phone call the number is 08009172225. Of course I didn't answer it, but did a bit of research via the "Say No To 08700" web site, and yes it's our friends Cabot!:evil:

Fortunately I've got Call Barring, so hopefully will not be receiving any more of their calls, unless they have other tactics up their sleeves, like Capital One, whereby they use at least six different numbers. We shall see!!:)

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

I have been looking at the "deed of assignment" they sent me with their hello letter. It quite clearly looks as if it's one they have produced themselves, the format of the letter looks nothing like the ones you get from Barclaycard and to top it all the account number is incorrect!

Your advice please!!:-?

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

Just an update!

Sent the CCA request on Monday recorded delivery.

At work yesterday morning, and lo and behold, a phone call from a company calling themselves Cabot!!

The male individual on the other end of the line sounded very agressive, he told me I have an account with them, I said, have you evidence of that, he said, yes, it's here in front on me! He then went on to ask for my personal details, I told him, I do not divulge my details over the phone, he then went on to ask again, I repeated what I had already said, and put the phone down.

I immediately put a barr on their calls:grin:

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

Should I send the phone harrassment letter to them?

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

Yes, and I'd indicate on it that the caller you mention was rude and agressive, and it's the last thing you expect from a company who are supposedly held in high regard within the debt collection industry. Demand an apology. In writing, obviously. :D

Yeah, Demand it be written in blood ;-)

Just hate every DCA out there

Just an update!

Got a phone call, at work, from Cabot on Wednesday afternoon. As there is nobody there in the afternoons, they kindly left me a message, inviting me to ring them, "it's about the letter we received from you yesterday" you can ring at Blah Blah phone number, at Blah Blah time! It's obviously the CCA request I sent recorded on Monday, at least they can't say they didn't receive it!!:D

Needless to say, I shan't be bothering!!:D

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

Hi Seahorse, fortunately I work on my own, so it would be only me who heard it, but, they don't know that!! I could work in an office with fifty other people!!:mad:

Yes, left full details of who they were, and message as in post 10:mad:

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

Stupidly I wiped it off in disgust. I think with BT I could have only saved it for thirty days anyway!!

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

I have just received a very nice letter from Emma Robertson, ref CCA.

Dear Windywoo,

Thank you for your letter dated 15th July 2007.

Please find enclosed your postal order for the £1.00 fee required under section 77 to 78 of the Consumer Credit Act, as we do not accept this statutory fee.

Cabot will always assist the customer and the creditor in providing information and therefore we can confirm that Cabot have requested the relevant documentation from the vendor Barclaycard, and on receipt this will be forwarded to you accordingly. There may be sometimes delay in providing the documents, as the vendor may have to retreive these from their archives. Therefore we would appreciate your patience and cooperation in this matter.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us on blah blah!!

Yours sincerely

Emma

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

Dear Windywoo,

Thank you for your letter dated 15th July 2007.

Please find enclosed your postal order for the £1.00 fee required under section 77 to 78 of the Consumer Credit Act, as we do not accept this statutory fee.

Cabot will always assist the customer and the creditor in providing information and therefore we can confirm that Cabot have requested the relevant documentation from the vendor Barclaycard, and on receipt this will be forwarded to you accordingly. There may be sometimes delay in providing the documents, as the vendor may have to retreive these from their archives. Therefore we would appreciate your patience and cooperation in this matter.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us on blah blah!!

Yours sincerely

Emma

Looks like a new template letter; I wonder if there's been a complaint about the previous one's blatant disregard of the statutory time limits provided by DPA 98?

It's just a rehash of their old one, with the bit added in about sending back the £1 fee. I made a point of querying their right to it if the CCA really doesn't apply, and they sent me a £1 cheque. Which I haven't cashed.

I think you need to write back and say something like, you "appreciate them returning the fee, and you thank them for their generosity in attempting to comply with the request under sections 77, 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974."

I'd also put in something like, "However, I must point out your error in your response, in that YOU are now the creditor. I trust you will see to it that your template is corrected."

They really should stop getting their work experience schoolkids to draft these templates. :D

Letter in the post this morning!!!:D

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

Letter in the post this morning!!!:D

Windy,

Not forgetting that Barclay's (Monument) and Cabot have a contract in place which requires Cabot to take over the responsibilities of any debt (as well as the rights). This contract also states that debts are sold under s136 of the LoP Act 1925.

Just hate every DCA out there

Windy,

Not forgetting that Barclay's (Monument) and Cabot have a contract in place which requires Cabot to take over the responsibilities of any debt (as well as the rights). This contract also states that debts are sold under s136 of the LoP Act 1925.

Be interesting to see how they wriggle out of things now cats are being let out of bags :lol: :lol:

Seems they have a whole new ball game ahead of them in "how to trade legally and not be a Rogue" :lol: :lol:

Cabot have defaulted today, unless something turns up in the post this morning, but I doubt it! Littlewoods/Barclaycard could only provide an unsigned copy of the application form, so Cabots won't be able to do better!:D

Received a nice letter from them yesterday as regards to their complaints procedure, I think I will sit it out until the are in criminal default!:D

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

• 3 weeks later...

Only 8 more days to go, and nothing from them yet!:D

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

I have been looking at the "deed of assignment" they sent me with their hello letter.

This is a quote from your first post. Are you sure they sent you the deed of assignment? Not just a letter of assignment?