Please help, advice needed...??

starcandy73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1. Hi I have received a court date hearing but I'm out of the country, I called the court & they told me I have to write a letter to barclays requesting a change of date...is this correct? Will this affect my case? Should I try to leave the date as is & fly back or could I have somebody representing me? Or would it be ok to change it???

2. Because of not cancelling some direct debits I have again gone over my overdraft & incurred even more fee's!!! Can i add these recent ones to the claim or do i have to go through the whole process again??!!!

3. Does anybody know about the account fee's charged just for having the priviledge of an account with barclay's eg. I have an ADDITIONS account & this costs me £11.50 per month, I have requested FIVE times to be downgraded, once in a local branch & four over the phone & each person has told me that it has been done, only to find on the next statement that it still exists! arrrggggghhhh!!!

I just had barclays debt colllection on the phone & they told me that I have to bring my account back down to its overdraft limit, as i'm not using it the only thing coming out is intrest & this ridiculous account fee, I told the guy that i have tried to cancel SO many times & he refunded me 3 additions fees, is there any way i can get more refunded? Although i don't have any personal records of calling to request a downgrade the last time i spoke to a customer service person they told me they could see a log for a request, then again they tried to sort it out for me but the phone lines were experiencing 'technical problems' & i got cut off after being on hold for 30 mins, even though the person took my number & said they would return my call if this happened they didn't, so i tried to call back again & there was an automated message of the lines being temporarily down!!!! I have spent sooo much time on the phone over the months & nothing seems to be resolved!

4. Also because of barclays debt collection being involved with my account, they told me that my credit rating will be effected, is there anything i can do about this?

I would appreciate any advice/comments given, I find this whole process quite bewildering!

thankyou, starcandy.

I've just re read the court order & its says:

"if you cannot, or choose not to, attend the hearing. The district judge will take account of your statement of case and any other documents you have filed."

Does this mean that i can't change the hearing date anyway?

When it says:

"Each party shall deliver to every other party & to the court office copies of all documents (including experts' reports if the court has given permission for expert evidence to be used) on which he intends to rely at the hearing"

Does that mean the list of charges & my letters?

And when it says original documents...ALL MY STATEMENTS?

Signed statements...argghhh? feeling very lost, i was so hoping that this would be settled out of court!

please advise...

How close is your court date and what type of hearing is it..looks like a full hearing if judge has asked for all documents..

Have you tried contacting the Barclays litigation team to settle? see link below..all contact details are there

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/94602-barclays-litigation-team-good.html

If you have had new charges since filing at court the only way to add them to existing claim is to amend POC's on form N244. This will cost you £35 and is not recoverable. However you can ask litigation to add them as part of settlement.

Re additions fees. you can only reclaim these if you did not agree to them in the first place. I would keep on at customer relations to refund at least the last 5 since you were told your account had been downgraded.

Re Barclays debt collection. Remind them that this account is in dispute