Friend v Barclays

Gem523
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've already took on the Halifax and won back almost £3k (Wooohoooo!). After my success a friend of mine has took action against Barclays and has received a court date for next week.

I'm a little worried for her as she's done no prep whatsoever and is a total luddite when it comes to computers so she's only using me for advice. As my claim was settled long before a court date was issued, I'm as useless as a chocolate fireguard at this point!

Can you please give me some advice here - are Barclays likely to settle out of court or will it come to the crunch? Have any of you turned up at court for Barclays to not bother? Does she have to attend court and if so what prep should she have done?

Thanks guys

:?

Hi, i'm in the same situation - barclays are holding out and they have put up a defense to my claim!

but from reading around it still may not go to court as the defense is based on 1, trying to scare you and 2, going to make you an offer because they're are not happy with the way the interest is calculated!

I'm preparing for court from the information in the zip file on the main page, as it states its not a comprehensive list! Below is the link thats found on the consumer library> bank templates library.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=296&d=1174895919

so far no bank has turned up, but it seems on the odd occasion the judge is cross examining the claimant and people have lost if they have no evidence or paperwork!

good luck n keep us posted!

DRE2076

your friend must prepare a court bundle immediatly if the court case is next week. copies of this must be sent both barclays and court. if this is not done, then the case will be thrown out by judge!

at this stage it is also a very good idea to contact barclays litigation team and try for an out of court settlement. see here for contact details for people (1st post):-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/94602-barclays-litigation-team-good.html

Barclays T&C Databse

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting