style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4450 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Have to agree with that. I'm using the ombudsman and they responded very quickly to my initial complaint form, then just under 3 weeks later they have already written to the bank asking them to settle my claim in full or provide them with the information needed to reach a conclusion. They say it could be at least 6 weeks, but so far they have been quick. IMHO I think this may be the way to go until the test cases have been heard.

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

Hi, yes I have to agree, the FO is quicker ... and what's more it's relatively stress-free.

No worrying about getting bundles together (some call them "bungles" :p ), and of course you don't have to lay out any court fees.

I have had success reclaiming PPI through the FO, the bank caved in after only one letter from the FO, whereas before they had totally blanked my request. Okay, it's taken a few months, but compared to the wait in the courts, it does seems to be a bit quicker.

I am also claiming bank charges on behalf of my daughter, via the FO. The FO responded within a few weeks, and the bank has already made a token offer, which of course we did not accept.

Good luck with your claim.

Gracias a la vida - Thanks to life

i've submitted my form to FOS about 3 weeks ago (don;t have date handy) they wrote back within a week saying they had received my complaint and that they have been overwhelmed by complaints relating to bank charges so it might take a little longer..thats totally ok with me, after all this is a free service with heaps of advice and its really easy to speak to someone from FOS. i presume they have already written to my bank as they sent me a letter saying they were dealing with my complaint and could i please not do anything until they have had time to look at it and they enclosed a FOS leaflet (what a cheek!) they never responded to my intial request/LBA etc (just trying to cover themsleves i think....anyway, i'm using the FOS as i've found it very difficult to go through the court, in scotland/amount over £1500.00 and living on an island means we have no sherriff officer to serve papers etc etc (no silicitors would help etc) so using the FOS. i'll let you know when i get a result.