Abbey - daylight robbery??

LeeS80

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Now I'm not a customer of Abbey, but my parents are. I was in a branch today with my mum, and an older gentleman was in front of us at the queue. When it was his turn, he went to the cashier in front of us. He was really polite, said good afternoon etc, asked for £100 from his current account, and for a cheque from his savings account. The cheque amount was £36 - now before anyone asks, I wasn't earwigging - the guy was right in front of me, like 6 feet away.

The bit that really shocked me - he had to pay £10 for the cheque, because he didn't have his saving book with him. I thought it was absolutely disgusting, the worst part - at least I think so - is that guy was at least 75 - 80 years old. He even thanked the girl for the cheque and wished her a good day. It surely cannot cost a tenner to print a cheque!!

If anyone from Abbey reads these threads, I think that particular part of your "policy" stinks.

Rant over!! Sorry folks but it's been bugging me all day! lol.

HSBC - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 30/10/06

07/11/06 - Letter refunding cheque and informing statements will be along shortly.

08/11/06 - Statements from Jan-2001 to Jan-2004 rec'd. Requested more but am waiting.

09/11/06 - Sending of prelim request for refund! £913.50

27/11/06 - Letter from Royal Mail, original prelim lost in post!!

06/12/06 - Another prelim sent :(

19/12/06 - Reply from Mr Langdale saying complaint received and that I'll have a proper response by 5th January 07....

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 31/10/06

Sent off prelim for £392.00 - All adds up I suppose! 06-12-06

Partial Offer received 19/12/06 - £152, offer accepted as part settlement only......

GE Capital Bank - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 31/10/06

Store card account. Charges approx £200, prelim being sent off in the new year!

Guest ian cognito

I agree with you whole heartedly, puts a huge question mark on this 'free banking' we should all be so grateful to receive (which we all know is currently more expensive than paying a monthly charge anyway)

I am getting sick of being ripped off by everyone with hidden charges, stealth tax etc and the elderly seem to be targeted even more as people don't expect them to bat an eyelid over what they claim to be 'genuine costs'

The banks and the insurance companies seem to be the biggest culprits at the moment (I won't mention PPI) but I notice the ins cos this week are now complaining that costs are having to increase for all of us due to people lying on their claim forms about where their car is parked overnight, their age, their job etc, now if it were my insurance company and someone told me their car was garaged and then it was nicked off the road, i would simply not pay them out, therefore saving the value of the car and keeping their premiums they had paid, so why does that put my policy up?

The bit that really shocked me - he had to pay £10 for the cheque

Thats the bit that shocked me when I went for a cheque at the bank. Extortion was the first word that srung to mind.

Then I thought how do these people get away with this, Dick Turpin used to wear a mask so in them days you knew you were being robbed, but the bank staff they say hello and give a smile and still rob you.

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!