Please help! HSBC, Metropolitan Collection Services Limited, Stressed to Maximum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have only just come accross your website.

I am at my wits end.

The HSBC have lied, cheated, broken numerous agreements. Harrassed me via phone on numerous occaisions and have sent me to debt coillectors who are demanding full payment of £4530.33. Being overdraft, loan and credit card. I believe the payments would be almost up to date if not up to date with the refunds of their bank charges.

They are threatening Debt collectors calling at my door, County Court Proceedings, Count Court Baliff taking my goods, attachment of earnings order. They gave me 24 hours to respond, the letter was dated 5 July 2007 and arrived today 11 July 2007.

I am losing my mind. At the end of last year I had a nervous breakdown as a result of HSBC lies and harrasment. I lost my job, and spent several months in respite, some outside the UK.

I am heading that way again. About 6 weeks ago I went to see the HSBC and gave them my new address. I refussed to give them any phone numbers, but agreed to starting making £200 per week payments from 22 June 2007. 16 June 2007 I recieved a letter from Metropolitan Collection Services demanding full payment... The HSBC did not even wait the agreed time.

I also spoke with HSBC about the bank charges and was basicaly informed I could write and request a refund, but it was unlikely to be successful.

02 July I signed an agreement with FRL, Financial Recoveries Limited, who are supposed to be persuing HSBC for my bank charges, on a no win-no fee basis --- if they win they get a percentage. Their website information said they would contact me within 10 working days and that they had been 100% successful for previous clients. I am not capable of dealling with this myself, as I can not cope with the stress, if I had to I would never deal with it. I am awaiting a response from FRL.

However, I am very stressed at the letters sent by Metropolitan Collection Services. They are demanding full payment and threatening additional charges and legal costs. I don't know what to do. I don't want to speak to them as I believe they will only lie, harrass and bully me (as HSBC have done) into payments. I do not wish to pay them anything until the bank charges issue is resolved. When these charges are returned, I believe it is highly possible that when applied to my accounts then my credit card, overdraft and loan payments will actually be up to date. In which case they should not have instructed debt collectors and closed my accounts.

Additionally, as a result of all of the illegal bank charges, bank lies, harrassment and bullying tactics there have been consequential affects:

1- My credit rating is destroyed. I cant open a bank account anywhere. this means I have to pay someone 5% of my earnings to cash the cheque so I can get money. I am also unable to get services put on in my name ie BT, etc. I am unable to get a contract mobile phone and must use an expensive pre-pay mobile.

2- I have lost significant potential earnings as a result of the stress this has caused.

3- I have been unable to rent a flat from an agency.

4- I have had my safety at work endagered by HSBC harrassement phone calls. On no fewer than 10 occaisions I requested that the bank not call me during normal working hours as I worked on a construction site and worked at height, my phone was with me so that my work collegues could communicate with me when neccessary (for example when one of the cranes was lifting steel to my work position) and for emergencys. I was not always in a safe position to receive any other calls. On each occaision the bank said 'no problem we will call between 5.30pm and 8pm. But on each occaisiomn, they ignored my request and there own agreement. I recieved multiple calls from the bank during working hours, many of which endangered my safety on a construction site. On one day I recieved 8 calls in the morning alone.

5- I signed an agreement with the bank for a 'plus account' which I paid a higher fee for. This account was supposed to have such benefits as free use of cash machines within europe. The one time I tried to use my account in the Czech Republic (August 2006 approx), the bank stopped the card. This left me stranded without money and in the middle of europe. Immediatelly after this I asked the bank to cancel this plan and refund my money, but they refused.

When I recently visited the bank they said there was no evidence of my cancellation request and would refund only the last 3 months charges.

6- I have incurred costs and lost potential earnnings due to my breakdown.

-------------

To be perfectly frank, the bank has acted in the same manner as a common loan shark, and their actions are devoid of any morals or ethics. I am extremely stressed and have had enough of them and everything.

Please help if you can.

thanks

w

Hi wokcz and welcome to the forum.

You are in the right place to get help here and by the sound sof it you need to send this lot a letter putting the debt in dispute due to charges as this will stop them harrassing you then claim your charges back.

My own advice for you is to stop this lot claiming your charges back for you and then charging you for the privalege, YOU CAN DO THIS YOURSELF and it would be best for you as it will give you a great deal of sattisfaction after what they have done to you.

Start a thread in the HSBC Forum and keep it updated, any questions ask away.

When you have spent a few days in this forum you wont let them stress you out as you will know your rights and see there is help for you.

Good luck.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/

Hi

I also had to deal with meto and HSBC last year and it wasn't easy the best thing I found to do was to use the templetes on the national debt helpline website to draft letters advising what I was able to pay and asking them to stop any further action, and putting in a budget plan.

This did work but it took time and their letters tend to come second class post and either always arrive just before or even after their dead line.

I currently am paying back just under £60.00 per month to a debt of £6600 which is made up mostly of bank charges and I am taking action at present with HSBC to get these charges back once I get my statements from HSBC.

Check out my thread.