Cardiff Directions Hearing NOvember 14 2007

mjd0
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well recieved Allocation questionaire few days ago now today received General Form of Judgement order - Directions HEaring Cardiff Civil Justice Centre Judge ( judges name removed ) 14th NOvember 10.30am

anyone else?

Shoul I still complete the AQ?

I have also been in contact with Litigation Team and have recieved by email from Dino (by accident ? ) a pdf of a legal settlement addressed to another person!! offering settlement - is this breach of Data Protection act?

Can I use this to aid/ speed up my case?

Mjd,

Have you sent Dino back the wrongly addressed settlement communication. Someone will be waiting for it.

It's bad that it was emailed to you wrongly but Dino is under massive pressure and I really doubt it could be used to help YOUR case. Having said that, if you told Dino nicely what he's done by mistake, maybe when you email HIM with your Court date later, he'll remember how you nice you were.

Regards, Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Yes - sent it straight back explaining it had come to the wrong person!

and I have been in communication by email with both Dino and Krysta - both very helpful Dino very fast to respond to email , Krysta not so fast but has still responded

Hi mjdo

I too have this date for my SOLE account claim (see signature). My AQ had to be in by 13th so I have alreadsy completed and taken down to Cardiff attaching the Draft Direction as per http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionnaires.html?highlight=strategy+aq

I have today written to BLT asking if they want to settle - I don't hold up much hope as hearing is so far away.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone! i've recieved a nov 14 date for direction hearing i'm wondering if i could contact cardiff court to have it forwarded to an earlier date i.e 14 august as nov is along time away and i want to speed things up. any ideas!

Worth a go but I suspect 14th Aug has already been filled up to brim. Having said that, due to settlements pre-hearing, there may now be 'slots' available.

It is only just over the 14 day mark and the court may feel it is too short a Notice to give to the other party even if the judge allows replacement claims to be brought in.

Tell us how you get on if you do decide to contact court.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Well i still had to fill in the Allocation Q and pay the £100 - now its just wait until 14 NOV - unless Barclays do decide to settle earlier - which from reading on here does not seem as likely any more - Is it just more delaying tatics by them?

I have emails from Kyrsta saying that they would be looking to settle before a court date - so i guess the Judge would be interested in these

Good luck to those direction hearings in Cardiff in August - any positive claims from this may speed up the November settlements

Hi, I have a court date for 14 November aswell. (Thats months away!)

Anyone have Krysta or Dino's email address and any templates of emails for settlement before court please?

Barclays - claiming £2710!

Offered £2030! Offer rejected, filed MCOL 21/05/07!

Abbey - Settled!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Saintly... so do you think this means that they will send another letter before the hearing in mid-august stating due to OFT blah blah all bank reclaim cases will be stayed until High Court outcome? Or do you reckon the Barclays lawyer will turn up at the hearing and declare all claims to be stayed? If so, what a waste of our time going to court just to hear what we already know!

• 2 weeks later...

I too had a directions hearing for 14th November 2007. It has now been stayed. So correct me if I am wrong, they cannot stay claims that have no proper court dates set??? (that does not include directions hearings?) If this is the case what can we do about this?