Help, need info re Interest Charges

shanjay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have just put together my schedule of charges but have a question about the interest. My statements show that my account has been debited interest on a monthly basis. Some of the interest is taken on the same day as a charge and is listed as Interest Due and is usually only a pound or so but in some cases the interest is much higher - ranging from £5 to £29.01! Should I be including this interest in my schedule and claiming it back? I am about to send the schedule in which amounts to £4,095 so dont want to risk doing anything wrong. Also, I have two accounts, is it ok to send one letter and two schedules? One last question, do I need to send copies of the bank statements? I was told that it is best to as it saves the bank having to get them? If so, do I include all statements between dates of claim or just those that include charges? Sorry for all the questions but just want to make sure I get it right! Many thanks

you cannot directly claim back anything that is listed as interest.

however, you can claim back a portion of that interest that you can prove HAS been caused by charges/fees.

the other thing you can look at is contractural interest.

as you figure is quite large this might be the one.

have a look arond [use the search above] and find a thread called 'why is no-one claiming contractural interest' or something like that.

makes interesting reading.

and you do not need at this stage to send copies of statements, just your spreadsheet.

good luck

and dont forget the step-by-step instructions & the FAQ's

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Please read this thread for further info on why contractual interest should not be pursued on bank accounts Contractual Interest - Precedent -LOST

Statements should never be sent to nat west - you may need these later on in your claim if you file at court. As dx100uk pointed out - you send the schedule of charges (spreadsheet) only to nat west.

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.