Urgent help needed

shadow766
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Was going through the courts and had the claim transfered to the local court. Filled in all the paperwork and the judge then stayed it for a month to see whether an agreement could be reached. No agreement was reached as the bank never returned my calls etc.

Have just received a new letter off the court saying that unless either party files a written request for further directions by the end of the month the action would be struck out and deemed settled :mad:

Has this happened to anyone else?

Is there a standard reply that you must submit to the court to ensure that I get my day in court- if they don't settle before hand.

Getting a bit nervous now as it seems like the court is keen to just get this off the books!!

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Shadow

How about if you write letter made up of a brief listing all efforts you have made and the request for Draft Directions. This link includes the covering letter body plus the Directions.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionnaires.html?highlight=AQ+strategy

Barclays obviously are going to keep quiet and hope it gets thrown out, so it's down to you to ask judge for something that will provide a quick resolution with minimum court time.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Hi saintly_1, cheers for replying

the Order read as follows:

The action be stayed until 2 july 2007 or until further order: the stay will also afford the parties and opportunity totry and settle the matter without court hearing.

liberty to apply to remove extend the stay.

File referred back to the District Judge by 2 July .

This order was made on the District Judges own initiative pursuant to CPR part 23.8.

You need to inform the courts of your actions taken in order to attempt settlement negotiations.

you will need to make a diary of what you did to try and get them to respond.

letters, emails, phonecalls etc.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Thanks for that Dar£n - I have followed in the footsteps of those before me and left messages on Krysta's phone and the secretary's phone - but nothing back.

Sent off an email today to see whether they reply to this - I have not heard anything off the bank apart from the original offer, which I turned down.

Was unsure whether there was a set format for requesting further directions. Will just write a letter back listing my attempts at contacting Barclays to try and reach a mutually acceptable settlement. I did submit the draft orders and enclosed the court bundle etc when the claim was transferred to local court - but on this occassion the judge asked for nothing from Barclays just a list of charges etc.