Night Owl -v- Abbey

Night Owl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all over here!

I have a claim going through with Lloyds (just had a stay ordered) but have started things with Abbey now!

Question 1.

Just looking through charges and not sure if I can claim back

'cleared transaction chg' ?

In 2002 I was charged this 9 X £15 = £135 on one day!!! plus unauth d/d fee X £15 Total for one day £150!!!

Thank you

Night Owl

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/96247-night-owl-lloyds.html

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Yes you can claim cleared transactions and unauth o/d fees, basically any charge whatsoever they have charged you (apart from stopping cheque charges i beleive) you can claim back.

:madgrin:

Hi Night Owl

Welcome to the Abbey forum!

Yes yes yes these are also penalty charges and can be claimed for.

Best regards

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

i think its more like your stalking me Jo lol

Anyway i posted first hehehehehe

You will get used to us Night owl, welcome to the world of abbey

:madgrin:

Thanks peeps,

Loving the welcome

I feel at home already.:D

Got so used to thinking about Lloyds stuff there are a few differences with Abbey but I will get used to them.

Abbey have missed out on sending me the middle 2 years of my statements but I'm on the case. When I get more printer ink!!:)

Night Owl.

Got Debt problems?

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Hi folks,

got everything now and calculated charges on CAG spreadsheet.

Total comes to £6500 ish!!

Prelim. letter going recorded post today.

Watch out Abbey here I come and I'm taking no prisoners!!!:D

Printer working overtime with Lloyds claim so stocking up on ink!

Housework gone to pot now I have 2 claims on the go!

Kids? Husband? old enough to cater for themselves!!!! :D

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Abbey reply to prelim. usual "will look into it, may take 4 weeks"!

LBA sent today. :-D

Watch this space!

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

Hi and Welcome Nightowl, dont mind Icy he is our resident Stalker lol any questions or queries, we are all very friendly on here, wierd, but friendly lol

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Thanks Lula,

I have a stay on my Lloyds claim at the mo so wasting time sending mediation and nudge letters knowing full well I won't get a reply but it looks good in court to do it!! Goes back to the Judge 31st Aug.

Abbey new territory! Few things different but will get the hang of it.

Feeling at home already here! :-D

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

Well if you want prevarications and procrastination to the nth degree then Abbey are the right choice ;)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Lol!!! :-D:-D:-D

Can't say it but lovin it all the same! :-D

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

• 2 weeks later...

Got paper work ready to send N1 to Local court just run out of funds for it this month! Will have to wait till the end of the month. :(

N1, POC + SOC with Int at 8% done and ready. Total claim with court fee just over £8K!!! :eek:

Should I worry that I can't get the claim in till the end of the month or should I raid my piggy bank? :confused:

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

Hi Night Owl

Thats a tough question! The sooner the better is generally the advice, but not if it leaves you strapped financially, as it is going to be a while before anything happens. £250 is a lot to find - it choked me to be honest!

There are no implications in submitting after the deadline you have set, so I would say go with whatever you feel most comfortable with.

Also we may have a clearer picture regarding the whole Test Case scenario in the next few weeks - here's hoping anyway!

The only note of caution with delaying would be if any of the earliest charges then fall outside the 6 year limit, unless you are claiming more than this anyway under SoLA.

But on the plus side the interest will be stacking up nicely. ;)

Hope that hasn't confused you more!:o

Lotsa luv

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Thanks Jo,

only claiming for the last 6 years of charges + Int at 8% + court costs.

Desperate to keep the pressure on with time limits but really struggling to find the funds this month. :(

Lloyds claims stayed till the end of the month (put on before the test case) so am juggling with 2 claims at the mo!! :(

I will have to put the N1 through the court as soon as funds come in at the end of the month. :(

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

• 2 weeks later...

Confused!!! :confused:

and that doesn't take much!!!!

SAR 23/06/07 received statements paid £10

11/07/07 cheque returned because I put the wrong date on!!! Ooops

23/07/07 Authorisation to take the £10 from my acc. returned.

Prelim 14/07/07

LBA 23/07/07

N1 printed out and ready to take to court when I can find my piggy bank!

This morning received letter acknowledging receipt of £10 and sending me bank charges list!!! with letter about test case and and stays.

I shall just carry on with N1 in the next 2 weeks as planned and ignore anything else.

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

fluffing up the feathers for the long fight ahead!!! :D

N1 being posted to local court today.

Watch this space!!! :D

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

update on things.

Just received letter from the court.

N1 issued to the defendent - deemed served 12/09/07, they have until 26/09/07 to reply.

I'm so scared now that Abbey may bounce the court cheque in favour of their loan payment!!!! It's gone through but by tomorrow they could claim it back. Finances non existant and struggling now. :o

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

Hi all,

update.

Just received letter from court.

Abbey have acknowledged one day after being served with my claim!!!!

They must have a big team sorting things out to respond that quick.

It is a hand written acknowledgement, name in position or office held - administrative assistant!

They intend to defend all of the claim.

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

Thanks zootscoot.

At this speed of replies from court I'm expecting the defence to come through in the next few days!! not 28 days!

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

Hi Night Owl.

Dont panic. Just because they have said they are going to defend the claim it doesnt mean they will.

If they dont enter Defence by 9th Oct ( 28 days from deemed served date) then dont give them any more time .

Go to court and file Judgement in Default. Keep checking court though just in case.

Good Luck fingers crossed for you .

Regards :)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

Thanks overflow.

I'm hoping that the administrative assistant dosen't deal so fast with the defence or forgets about it! A win by default would make my day.

Lloyds claim is stayed (for the second time!) and I haven't even got to court for a hearing yet!

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

Hi all,

just received from the court, :(

Before District Judge.........

Upon reading the file.

Ex Parte

It is ordered that

Upon it appearing that the issues raised in the test case, OFT-v-Nasty West Bank + others, will affect this claim, the claim is stayed until further order BLAH BLAH BLAH............

Oh my god! Its stayed before I even get a defence through!!! How can this be?????:eek:

HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?