• Tweets

• We acknowledge receipt of your recent letter requesting data as per Section 77-79 Consumer Credit Act 1974, and can confirm that we have requested the relevant documentation from our client and we will forward it to you when it is received.   We must also stress that we are not seeking to enforce an agreement and have only asked that payment is made towards a debt that is outstanding by way of an affordable repayment plan. However, if you believe we are unable to ask that your account is repaid in this manner please provide us with specific details so the client can address any specific concerns you may have. This request is asked to also minimise potential costs and delays.   Moorcroft reply received by email yesterday.    Do i just ignore it?  
    • As Gick indicates not a FINE, if it is a genuine Letter Before Claim could you post it up as a PDF, with personal details and any reference number/barcodes hidden please   Also if you could answer the questions in this sticky, we can see where you are at.  If a LBA probably a snotty letter, but the Team can advise best response once we have full picture what PPC originally sent the Invoice?    
    • Skip hire companies have a trick they almost always use to exploit customers. This is how it is done.   Say for example if a skip was hired for a week and that duration ends on 5Aug, they will not collect on that date if there is no demand from another customer. So instead of collecting the skip, disposing the content and taking it back to their own site, they delay collection. In effect they use the customer’s driveway to "store" their heavy bulky stock. The customer "rents out" their driveway to them totally free.    Reason: Skip are large and very heavy objects. During peak times they are in great demand and companies would love to have a lot of these to rent out. Their problem is space on their depot but more importantly, it is the significant costs involved in moving them in terms of fuel and drivers. They would also need to have a good number of heavy vehicles to keep moving the skips.  During slow times, it is works better for them to move lesser number and save hugely on costs involved in movement.    What to do: 1. Haggle for price reduction if you need skip for a shorter duration than usual. Chances are they will not budge on price unless there is huge demand and their supply cannot meet the demand. So definitely try that. 2. When your collection date comes, call them and ask for collection on that date. If they refuse or give ambiguous answers, tell them, you will demand compensation for obstructing your driveway, rental for using your driveway as storage, and for inability to use the driveway to park your car as mandated as a condition in your car insurance.    In my experience, the booming voice of their staff tried to bully and shut me up - "We give no guarantee when it will be collected and it will definitely not be today."  But after I said the above, the skip was gone within an hour.    IMPORTANT: make a video fo your driveway when the skip is being lowered. The person who holds the switch to lower the skip will now be extra careful not to damage your driveway. And if the driveway is damaged due to improper technique, for example a faster drop than acceptable, you can claim for repair.     
    • Demonic is as dangerous as a rabid dog, except we can put a rabid dog down
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
smith5757

Party Time**WON**

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4782 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have accepted a part offer from Cap One but only after I had filed MCOL for whole amount. Do I need to inform the court and change my POC to amend to lower amount? I asssume this also affects the 8% interest you can claim. Any advice would be well received.

Have you actually received anything back from the bank yet though??

Until such a time that you actually have any funds returned to you then you don't need to amend your claim ammount at all.

• Haha 1

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

If you have accepted Cap1's offer AND it has been paid then youy need to cease your legal action.

• Haha 1

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

I originally refused the offer, and registered MCOL. Cap One then made the same offer again and I accepted this as a part payment outlining to them that my claim for the full amount was already with the courts.

In that case you need to notify the court and Cap One that you are proceeding with your claim and persuing the difference between what they've paid you and the total ammount of your original claim (including the Section 69 interest).

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

Trish, many thanks for that , I will start putting the letters together for them both. I am wondering how you work out 8% of the difference as the penalty charges are all for different dates ? so some charges gain more interet than others if you follow my drift,

Anybody that can sing is allowed to join in ...........

The sun has got it hat on hip hip hip horray

The sun has got his hat on and he’s going out to play

Now will all be happy hip hip hip horay

The sun has got his hat on and he’s going out to play

Enough ........... You always want to sing when your winning.

Got my cheque from Cap One tonight for the full amount + interest + court costs, 21 days after going to MCOL.

Everybody fighting for their money, take your time and stick at it,

:D Congratulations!! Hope I get mine in that space of time!

well i been refunded but not at the interest rate i requested.so happy but not deleriously so.Waiting for letter from them think i am going to fight for the extra interest £1300.

Shar hank you.

I have noticed that Cap One seem to be paying out on about the 21st day of most MCOL claims, so no real surprise here. Good luck with yours.

Well done ..Congratulations. .

Don't forget to fill in the survey, and a donation to help others.

Uk

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions

Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.

Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

Congratulations ... well deserved :) big smiley sun with no hat on!!

'Fortune favours the brave.'

Any advice given is purely on the basis of my own views and opinions and offered in good faith.

Congratulations, please donate so we can help others.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Well done - congratulations - enjoy

WT