replacement car cover

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to everyone, newbe here.

Back in April 2006 I bought a car cover for my classic car, it came with 12 months manufacturers warranty.

In September 2006 it developed a problem and the company didn't hesitate to replace it.

This week (July 07) the replacement cover developed the same problem, I contacted the company and they have again replaced the cover, only this time with a note saying that they have issued a new cover under the warranty replacement even though the warranty has now expired.

My question is: Should the warranty run from the original April 2006 purchase date or from the replacement date of September 2006 for the second cover?

After all surely the second cover has a 12 months warranty as well?

Hope this is clear.

Hi, and welcome.

Any warranty/guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights which include matching their description, being of satisfactory quality and being fit for purpose. There is plenty of case law that this includes lasting a reasonable length of time for goods of that type. I would imagine a car cover would be expected to last much longer than 12 months, so the warranty is irrelevant. If the goods do not last for a reasonable length of time, you can claim under the various Sale of Goods Acts as your statutory rights have been breached.

Hopefully the same problem will not recur, but keep all correspondence and receipts just in case. If you are really concerned, you could write to the company pointing out that the goods previously supplied were clearly not of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose or they would not have developed a fault so quickly, so regardless of their comments regarding the warranty should the same or any other fault occur during the expected life of the cover, you will be either asking for another replacement or a partial refund - which is up to you, but having had at least 9 months use from the cover you wouldn't get a full refund.

RMW

I am not a professional so I give no guarantees that my information is 100% accurate. If in doubt, check.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.