Jump to content


jackdaniels vs B.O.S


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

ok here is the state of play - thanks to everyone who has helped me through the months :)

 

i sent in my S.A.R request on the 29th March - after 44 days there was no reply from bank of scotland.

 

on the 8th of May i sent my non compliance letter and received all of my statements on the 1st of June

 

i then sent my prelim letter on the 4th of june asking for my charges to be repayed - in which i received my standard rejection letter on the 9th June.

 

on the 11th June i sent the L.B.A and heard nothing back

 

on the 6th of june i got another bank charge for a failed DD which sent my account into minus 39 quid , so an unauthorised overdraft was sure to follow , this gave me rage because i dont get paid for a while, my working tax credit is needed to get me to work, they would have took it when it went in and i wouldnt have been able to go to work, so this got me fired up.

 

i phoned the bank , told them my circumstances and the nice woman on the phone reversed the charge as goodwill gesture but said i would still get the ovwerdraft charge put on next month

 

then i phoned customer services and asked for my case to be re evaluated as i didnt agree with their "investigation" and that i was not entitled to my bank charges back - she said it was no problem and that she actually had my L.B.A letter in her pile , she too was really helpful and said the standard time for a reply is 8 weeks but this gets backdated depending on the date they receive the L.B.A, which was 4 weeks ago, so she said i will have a reply within a couple of weeks.

 

so here is hoping!!!! im claiming back about £860 , i'll keep you all posted

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am at about the same stage as you in my claim. Sent letter asking for my charges back on the 28th May, got normal reject letter on the 9th June. I then sent off my LBA on the 12th June giving 14 days. Once the 14 days had expired I called them and was told I could go on and proceed court proceedings if I wanted to. They too said That the 40 days is taken from the date they receive the first letter. On second phonecall nice lady said my claim had been escalated and I should be a little patient as there was a huge backlog. She said a senior review manager would be likely to call me to negotiate a settlement in the newt week or two. Dont know if this was a delay tactic but am waiting my time patiently till around pay day when I will commence court action.

Holding thumbs for you and hope to hear good news from you soon.:)

Link to post
Share on other sites

i agree mate, the advice on here is goldust and everyone is really helpful.

 

ahh, so we both at same stage, this should be interesting cause she said the same thing on phone to me, (that my case was getting passed to the review manager) - although she never hinted to the fact that he would phone me with an offer.... im determined to get full amount and i know they will try to get me to settle for half.

 

i wish you all the luck in the world mate, hopefully you will be enjoying a lump sum very soon :) - you'll have to let us know when you receive that phone call

Link to post
Share on other sites

also...

 

 

yep thats another reason why ive been stalling, they had received my L.B.A but i had not heard anything back about it and i couldnt file a court action because ive no money for the court fee until i get paid - i just read on money saving expert that people were phoning customer services to ask for a re evaluation so thought id give it a try... after doing it myself and reading about everyone else that is doing it i would highly recommend to anyone that before you file anything with the court, just give them a phone and see what they say.

Link to post
Share on other sites

nice lady said my claim had been escalated and I should be a little patient as there was a huge backlog. She said a senior review manager would be likely to call me to negotiate a settlement in the newt week or two.

 

THAT MEANS YOU ARE GOING TO BE A WINNER!!!!!!!

It's not a delaying tactic (FOR ONCE!)

 

Keep checking your account!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Link to post
Share on other sites

she said the same thing on phone to me, (that my case was getting passed to the review manager) - although she never hinted to the fact that he would phone me with an offer.... im determined to get full amount and i know they will try to get me to settle for half.

 

Ha! ANOTHER WINNER coming up!

 

they will pay in approximately half and send you the *THIS IS OUR FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT* letter.

 

But it's not a full and final settlement - they know that - but more importantly - SO DO YOU!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jack daniels made me very ill once. Just thought id share that with u. ;-)

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone help? I logged a small claim here in scotland with the B.O.S - The return date is today however i have spoken to the courts and they have not responded, what do i do now ?????

 

 

First - you should start your own thread. ;)

 

That way we can monitor your prgress.

 

 

But here's where you find the answer to your question : it is #7

 

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

 

Go for it!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Link to post
Share on other sites

yes I know,

 

I left half of my face behind on a paving slab that time :(

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

OK, heres the state of play again - phoned up customer services again this morning after hearing nothing and the guy told me that a letter was sent to me on the 21st of July offering half the amount i was asking for and that it had been paid into my account

 

I CHECKED - IT WAS - OMG!!! OVER £300

 

he asked me if i wasnt happy i could discuss it with the review manager, i said yes and he said that she will have to look over my case again and phone me in a couple of hours with a full and final offer

 

the suspense is killing me !!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let us know if you get the call.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

 

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

 

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Link to post
Share on other sites

well they never phoned me back, typical!!! ok so i know how this call is gonna go, they are basically gonna offer me 75% of the claim because that is now their policy, they cant offer or negotiate to give you any more - if i want the full amount now i will need to go the court route

 

 

any ideas?? words of wisdom? .. would be appreciated as i dunno whether i shouuld accept it or not, when they offer!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why settle for anything less that the FULL ammount?

 

Write yourself a note on what you want to say - read it to them if nessasary.

 

You want 100% returned or you will continue with your claim through the courts. You will get it all back, they are just trying it on with you - don't let them fob you off.

 

Good luck and stay calm and possitive.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

but if their policy is to offer 75% and do not have authorisation to give me full amount then they wont, no matter what is say on the phone.... my flatmate is at the same stage as me and she phoned up this morning to reject her offer of half , and they wouldnt budge from the 75% mark. :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

lol, i forgot to say - this is their true policy, not just what they are trying to say to folk on the phone to fob them off - thats the dilemma, i can either take the 75% and have it now, or continue with courts and it'll be another long wait and there might be a lot of uncertainties

 

aaaaargh!!!!! lol

 

thanks moneyhelp :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends on you which ever you decide will be the right decission.

 

But if you go the full way, we are all behind you, and will help you.

 

So like Noel say.......Deal or no deal....:p

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

 

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

 

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...