Terms and Conditions

erospersempre
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for that but every day I seem to be getting more and more worried in case I do anything wrong, so I would appreciate to know if I am doing it right.

HSBC owe me £4911 and the account is now closed and has been passed on to their collcetion who I have an agreement to pay the debt of with them. They offered me £3500 on the conditions that this money would automatically be passed direct to the debt collectors. I declined the offer firstly because it wasn't the full amount and also because I wouldn't see any of the money. Thanks to them and having to give up work to ill health I think this is unfair and they shouldn't be able to tell me what to do with my money - Am I right with this? Since then I have commenced legal proceedings and they had until 8th July to reply to it but I've heard nothing. What happens next? Do I sit here and wait or should I be pro-active or what, please help?

Can someone give me time details of what happens next and when.

As we are now into legal proceedings I am frightened I will do something wrong and mess it all up.

PLease help!!!!!

How did you commence legal proceedings?

If it was done on-line you can check the progress of your claim online. Once you file the claim, DG (HSBC solicitors) will have 14 days in which to acknowledge your claim. Once acknowledged they then have a further 14 days in which to defend. Sometimes they defend a few days before and sometimes right at the last second. Once defended, your claim then gets transfered to your local court. This may take some time depending on how many cases your local court has. You will get some notification from your local court as to what will happen next i.e an AQ or no AQ and a hearing of some sort whcih can be either a directions hearing or preliminary hearing.

If you filed a form N1 with your local court - DG still have 14 days in which to acknowledge the claim and agin 14 days in which to defend. But unlike the filing a claim online your claim shouldn't be transfered and you should get the notification of the next stage from your local court.

My advice is to read up on as many threads as poss and if you have any questions about any of the stages of claiming, just ask.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

• 3 weeks later...

I need help. What do I do?

With everything that is going on with the OFT it has left me very confused.

I am now at the stage of issuing judgement against the bank as they have not done anything. When I spoke to them they as good as said that if I go down this route they would delay it for 12 - 24 months! They have made me an offer but as the account has gone to their Debt Collecting Agency they have said that the whole debt will go to pay that off. I accepted the offer but not the conditions. The court told me to continue as normal. What do I do as I know which ever one I pick will be wrong.

HELP PLEASE.

Caroline