• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Egg Repayment Protection.. Any Chance?????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How we all doing.

The background to this thread is, obviously since the bank charges, i have had reason to look into all my agreements and financial activity in more detail. I had an Egg Card, which i made into an Egg Loan, i defaulted on the loan and on statements, it said PPI rebate available and in my mind as i defaulted on the agreement, the PPI is invalid and should be refunded.

Thats a seperate account and in a seperate thread, ill update if and when there is any update........

So this got me thinking about my original Egg Card account and the PPI, if i had accepted it or not.

I sent them a letter doubting i had accepted it in the first place and if they can provide proof, if they cant i would want a full refund, today i received this reply.

What i understand your complaint to be about.

You state that Card Repayment Protection was applied to your Egg Card without your agreement and require Egg to refund the premiums paid.

What my findings are after investigating it

Our records show you accepted Credit Repayment Protection Cover at application stage on XX XX 2000.

Please find enclosed a copy of the system screen, which shows your application. This screen shows you selected Card Repayment Protection (accident, sickness, life and unemployment cover) and no human intervention is involved. This information is as input by you online. I received what seems to have been received in this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ppi/69260-empire-strikes-back-egg.html it just states it, no choice given.

The policy details the cooling off period in which you could of cancelled the policy and have had any premiums charged refunded in that period.

Premiums were applied to your Egg Card each month there was a statement balance.

The premiums are clearly shown on your monthly online Egg Card Statements under the description of "Credit Cover Premium" An email is sent to you each month to remind you that your statement is available. These statements are provided so that you can regularly monitor your finances.

THe Egg Card account is an internet based account, where no paper statements are provided. It is the resposibility of the account holders to monitor their finances. You had opportunity to query the premiums at a much earlier stage - mitigating your losses by doing so.

The policy was no queried until July 2007

As Egg made you aware of the Card repayment Protection protecting your account in writing and on your Egg Card statements, but you did not dispute the policy until recently. I am unable to uphold your complaint.

Admittedly at the time, i was younger and just thought it was there and i must of accepted it, its not been til recently ive found cag and my rights and how underhand the banks and credit card companies can be.

Was gonna pen something along the lines of

Dear Egg

The reason i am questioning the legallity of the PPI payments i made to you are as such, up until recently i had full faith in the banking history and in the way they dealt with my accounts. Obviously as im sure your well aware their is a public backlash regarding over charging by banks and companies such as Egg at the moment. Now this has opened my eyes to my banking history with not just yourself, hence why i am now asking about the legallity of our agreement and if infact i had a "choice" regarding the PPI, the screenshot you sent me, does not show an option to disregard it and not to accept it, also i would of had to sign an agreement for the card, so where is the agreement i signed to have PPI? Like ive said i had full trust in your company to deal with my account legally and honestly, so accpeted that if the charges were there, i must of accepted it, even if that doesnt turn out to be the case.

But now im just thinking is it worth it, have i actually got a chance? I dont know what to do :confused: Admittedly 7 years is a long time not to mention it, but honestly before now, if they said i owed it, i paid it.

Would like some advice as if i should continue or just let it go....

Thanks one and all :cool:

How we all doing.

The background to this thread is, obviously since the bank charges, i have had reason to look into all my agreements and financial activity in more detail. I had an Egg Card, which i made into an Egg Loan, i defaulted on the loan and on statements, it said PPI rebate available and in my mind as i defaulted on the agreement, the PPI is invalid and should be refunded.

Thats a separate account and in a seperate thread, ill update if and when there is any update........

So this got me thinking about my original Egg Card account and the PPI, if i had accepted it or not.

I sent them a letter doubting i had accepted it in the first place and if they can provide proof, if they cant i would want a full refund, today i received this reply.

What i understand your complaint to be about.

You state that Card Repayment Protection was applied to your Egg Card without your agreement and require Egg to refund the premiums paid.

What my findings are after investigating it

Our records show you accepted Credit Repayment Protection Cover at application stage on XX XX 2000.

Please find enclosed a copy of the system screen, which shows your application. This screen shows you selected Card Repayment Protection (accident, sickness, life and unemployment cover) and no human intervention is involved. This information is as input by you online. I received what seems to have been received in this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ppi/69260-empire-strikes-back-egg.html it just states it, no choice given.

The policy details the cooling off period in which you could of cancelled the policy and have had any premiums charged refunded in that period.

Premiums were applied to your Egg Card each month there was a statement balance.

The premiums are clearly shown on your monthly online Egg Card Statements under the description of "Credit Cover Premium" An email is sent to you each month to remind you that your statement is available. These statements are provided so that you can regularly monitor your finances.

THe Egg Card account is an internet based account, where no paper statements are provided. It is the resposibility of the account holders to monitor their finances. You had opportunity to query the premiums at a much earlier stage - mitigating your losses by doing so.

The policy was no queried until July 2007

As Egg made you aware of the Card repayment Protection protecting your account in writing and on your Egg Card statements, but you did not dispute the policy until recently. I am unable to uphold your complaint.

Admittedly at the time, i was younger and just thought it was there and i must of accepted it, its not been til recently ive found cag and my rights and how underhand the banks and credit card companies can be.

Was gonna pen something along the lines of

Dear Egg

The reason i am questioning the legallity of the PPI payments i made to you are as such, up until recently i had full faith in the banking history and in the way they dealt with my accounts. Obviously as im sure your well aware their is a public backlash regarding over charging by banks and companies such as Egg at the moment. Now this has opened my eyes to my banking history with not just yourself, hence why i am now asking about the legallity of our agreement and if infact i had a "choice" regarding the PPI, the screenshot you sent me, does not show an option to disregard it and not to accept it, also i would of had to sign an agreement for the card, so where is the agreement i signed to have PPI? Like ive said i had full trust in your company to deal with my account legally and honestly, so accpeted that if the charges were there, i must of accepted it, even if that doesnt turn out to be the case.

But now im just thinking is it worth it, have i actually got a chance? I dont know what to do :confused: Admittedly 7 years is a long time not to mention it, but honestly before now, if they said i owed it, i paid it.

Would like some advice as if i should continue or just let it go....

Thanks one and all :cool:

HI wednesday it was the same for me with PPI on my Capital One card paid it from 2000 till Feb 2006 when I tried to make a claim, I was very abruptly told I could not claim due to pre existing medical condition and at that time I still had faith in banks etc telling the truth. It was only when I found CAG money expert etc that I started doubting the Truth of these statements now I would not believe the banks if they said Bush was president of USA. I would say that we all would have a good chance of being able to reclaim PPI due to banks etc not offering proper advice regarding PPI IE did they say you could purchase it elseware, was the product suitable for you in your circumstances.

dpick;)

was the product suitable for you in your circumstances.

As far as im aware, the only thing i remember is in 2001, i was made redundant and rang and asked about claiming on it, was told i would have to wait 30 days or something like that, wasnt planning on being out of work that long and luckily i was only out of work for 6 weeks or so, at the time i thought what a waste of time, and obviously never got back round to cancelling it.

Have you taken them to court Dpick?

As far as im aware, the only thing i remember is in 2001, i was made redundant and rang and asked about claiming on it, was told i would have to wait 30 days or something like that, wasnt planning on being out of work that long and luckily i was only out of work for 6 weeks or so, at the time i thought what a waste of time, and obviously never got back round to cancelling it.

Have you taken them to court Dpick?

Hi again wednesday did Halifax first then started on Capital One just got charges and all that lovley interest paid off account Friday left balance £373, written to court to say paid in full. Wanted that out of the way first, Prelim letter sent today for PPI and interest total £1900. I believe I have more than a good chance as 2 pre existing medical conditions.

all the best dpick:-?

Good Luck with it, ill have to have a think, but as you have seen in the other thread im a bit here a bit there a bit nowhere :D

Do think ill be pushing my luck tho and do feel they have a point about the time, but that still doesnt alter the fact that i was paying it under the illusion i had accepted it, it turns out they cant prove i did, so whose fault is that?

Ere dear i dunno :)