Re: Next Default - Please Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Next Plc had put a default on my account for missed payments back in 02/02/2007 and didn't bother to inform me they had. The first thing I heard was from Moorcroft Debt recovery - I paid them immediately and they assured me it would not affect my credit rating. I found this out recently when applying for a mortgage and afterwards queried with Next in writing why they had put this on and why had they not sent me a notice of default so i could have remedied it. They ignored my first 2 recorded delivery letters and finally I got through to someone at Public Relations.

I asked them to provide me with a copy of the credit agreement, an original and true copy of the default notice and any details of the debt being sold on if it was sold on.

I got a reply saying they did not have a credit agreement but that didn't mean they could not register a default.

They sent me an enclosed copy of a letter that I'm sure I never received that was sent to me in February on an undisclosed date. This letter is simply marked 'February 2007' and yet asked for payment on the 27th January(!) else I'd be defaulted. They state that as it was addressed correctly they cannot remove the default and that they are not obliged to send me a true and certified copy as I requested. There was no way I could have prevented this default if they posted the notice in Feb but deadline to pay by was in January!

They are saying the debt was not sold on and there was no deed of assignment. They are now saying that they are unable to amend my credit file and remove the default without showing that an error has been made on their part and they are unable to help me with this matter further.

Absolutely any advice etc over this would be most helpful and able me to sleep at night again!

Thanks in advance!