Cap One Wont Pay What They Offered

karen69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A couple of years ago we owed money on a few cards and agreed settlement figures on some of them in full and final settlement. Capital One was one of them and a couple of weeks ago they offered £413 as a refund of charges owed. Although this was less than I was requesting, I agreed to accept if the payment was made by cheque and sent by return. After several weeks I hadnt received it.

I phoned Cap One who said that because the account had been partially settled the refunded amount had been applied to the outstanding balance. As I had written confirmation from the DMA to say that payment had been accepted in full and final settlement I queried this but was told that they would not pay.

I contacted the DMA who have since confirmed in writing that agreement was made at the time for the account to be settled in full and that the balance is £0, however, Capital One are continuing to dispute this.

I have phoned Cap One today who said that they had contacted the DMA and this was an error, that the DMA had no right to agree such a settlement, that a balance remains and therefore they will not be sending me the money.

I phoned the DMA who said that no contact had been made by Cap One, that the terms were for full and final settlement, the balance is zero and Cap One are talking rubbish.

My question is (I get there in the end!!!) what can I do to make them give me my money?

Please help.

Thanks

Are you ready to do some serious reading?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/25043-proving-banks-knew-charges.html

Ignore the title, the bulk of that thread is about payments made in full and final settlement but for some reason it was merged with another thread of that title.

Read that and you will see why Capital One are doing this and you may get an insight into what you can do about it.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received