Management Conference Hearing?? - Can anyone please explain this?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Taking Abbey to court, and they have entered a defence (booo!)

I was waiting for a date at my local court, but now I have been told that I need to attend a Case Management Conference at my local court (at the end of August!). Is this just courtspeak for the actual claim itself, or is it something else?

Can anyone let me know what this means and what it entails?

Cheers

Concerned :-?

Guest louis wu

Hello,

Its a meeting with the judge where he listens to both arguments and suggests a course of action. He may advise further negotiations, he may advise one of you to reconsider the action being taken (ie you to drop it...or Abbey to pay up), and depending how much you are claiming may need to decide what track to allocate the case to.

Have a brush up on this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/23993-legal-arguments-support-claim.html

and look here at the prelim/directions section and consider adopting that approach

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

its nothing to be worried about, providing you get your facts together, go organised, and especially be aware of the legal aspects of your case, which isn't actually as bad as it sounds

Good luck

louis