• Tweets

• His financial situation isn’t great, and the landlord has made lots of things up. The things he’s put isn’t true at all. My friend did tell the full truth with incoming and outgoing, I helped him fill in his form and he checked bills etc. to make sure it was right. His wage is ok, but not as good as the landlord thinks it is,  and he doesn’t have anything spare. How much are they likely to take from him? Should he send any reply?  the letter just says to take the court letter with him. 
    • Hi and thanks It looks like they ticked all the boxes to me but I'll try and upload the notice. I was wondering if a witness to late delivery might be considered proof - I'm assuming they posted it as normal but Royal Mail stuffed up delivery. If not then they're really saying it just has to be posted within 12 days of the incident, regardless of when it is received. Annoying! pcn front.pdf pcn back page.pdf
    • Hi welcome to the Forum.  If a PCN is sent out late ie after the 12th day of the alleged offence, the charge cannot then be transferred from the driver to the keeper.T he PCN is deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch so in your case, unless you can prove that Nexus sent the PCN several days after they claim you have very little chance of winning that argument. All is not lost since the majority of PCNs sent out are very poorly worded so that yet again the keeper is not liable to pay the charge, only the driver is now liable. If you post up the PCN, front and back we will be able to confirm whether it is compliant or not. Even if it is ok, there are lots of other reasons why it is not necessary to pay those rogues. 
    • Hi 1 Date of the infringement  arr 28/03/24 21:00, dep 29/03/24 01.27 2 Date on the NTK  08/04/2024 (Date of Issue) 3 Date received Monday 15/04/24 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?  Yes 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No  7 Who is the parking company? GroupNexus 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Petrol Station Roadchef Tibshelf South DE55 5T 'operating in accordance with the BPA's Code of Practice' I received a Parking Charge letter to keeper on Monday 15/04/24, the 17th day after the alleged incident. My understanding is that this is outside the window for notifying. The issue date was 08/04/2024 which should have been in good time for it to have arrived within the notice period but in fact it actually arrived at lunchtime on the 15th. Do I have to prove when it arrived  (and if so how can I do that?) or is the onus on them to prove it was delivered in time? All I can find is that delivery is assumed to be on the second working day after issue which would have been Weds 10//04/24 but it was actually delivered 5 days later than that (thank you Royal Mail!). My husband was present when it arrived - is a family member witness considered sufficient proof?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

ROLL CALL: Who has sucsessfully had defaults removed?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The aim of this post is to get an idea of who has sucsessfully had defaults removed from their credit files. I think this will be useful for others trying to hve them removed to get an idea of what was involved.

Reply with the following information if possible:

Name of company that registered the default

Amount of the default

Was the account settled or did it still have a balance

If the default was all/part/no charges

What action did you take & on what grounds did you request the default removal

What (if any) third party was involved (Information Commissioners Office, FSA, Court etc)

Thanks in advance! ;)

Completed:

RBOS Charges - £2435 settled in full :)

RBOS Default Removal - Removed :)

Carphone Warehouse Default Removal - Removed :)

Welcome Finance Default Removal - Removed :)

Viking Direct CCJ - Removed :)

Littlewoods Default - Removed :-o

Ongoing:

N Hunter SAR

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HFC

approx 2K

misinformation, was already settled and up to date.

Data Protection Act request letters using templates from cag

CCA request

sent in credit file to prove settled and mixed up info

removed on Data Protection Act.

(not informed in writing or other why removed)

however....refuse to tell dca to stop processing so now with ICO

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Vodafone

A massive £16.84

Account settled

No charges involved.

Used surly bonds letters. Vodafone initially refused quoting Information Commissioners Office announcement. Was preparing to go down the road of 'this default is unwarranted due to circumstances' when received another letter from their 'Quality Assurance Team' who said that due to the circumstances involved (ie default unwarranted lol) they would remove the default but late payment marker would remain.

Full story here

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

Name of company that registered the default:

Halifax Card Services

Amount of the default:

£195.73 and again for £5.52

Was the account settled or did it still have a balance:

If the default was all/part/no charges:

The default was all charges.

What action did you take & on what grounds did you request the default removal:

At LBA stage they offered to remove default, but gave me another instead!

What (if any) third party was involved:

Experian cleared both defaults after 5 months.

Full story (The Consumer Forums)

The defaults were only 1 month late markers!

Andrew

ASI Industries = As i in does tries!

As i in does tries!: My definition.

I will try, i may never succeed in the goal, but at least by trying i have a greater chance of success than never trying at all!

My opinions are my own & occasionally may offend, but it is not my intention to cause offence in the first place!

DPA STICKY? is there one somewhere, I know we have a non issue of notice of default series of letters, most grateful! but this is proving to more problematic and growing fast.

if already done, is there a link, thanks :):)

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Hi maybelline, i dont know about a CAG Sticky, but you will find it here.

(Data protection)

Andrew

I will try, i may never succeed in the goal, but at least by trying i have a greater chance of success than never trying at all!

My opinions are my own & occasionally may offend, but it is not my intention to cause offence in the first place!

thanks ASIIndustries, I guess I meant templates but I have found the S10 template and amended, I am trying to cover their usual counterarguments about 'not having to be accurate' under certain sections. I have one in the small claims at the moment based on CCA :):) will let you know what happens.

Hi maybelline, sorry but here is the actual Data Protection 1998 Act.

(Data Protection Act 1998)

Andrew

HFC

approx 2K

misinformation, was already settled and up to date.

Data Protection Act request letters using templates from cag

CCA request

sent in credit file to prove settled and mixed up info

removed on Data Protection Act.

(not informed in writing or other why removed)

however....refuse to tell dca to stop processing so now with Information Commissioners Office

one of those dca's being Westcot have now removed the default

will update if successful with the other dca S10.

Hutchinson 3g

one settled

£100+ witten off

got a ref number from oftello

rung execative office with ref number

retailer had used a false address so i would pass a credit check which is illegal

Vodafone Limited

£1126

The account had a balance that would be settled when agreement was made that the 'default' would be removed.

No charges on file.

Writing to Data Protection Officer warning of court action.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

- Grattan PLC

- £1634.00

- Balance settled

- No default or other charges involved

- CCA request followed by the usual template nudge/follow up letters

- No third party involvement - they have offered to remove it as a gesture of goodwill, but haven't yet so I'm keeping an eye on it for now

Great idea Analyst

I had two default notices served on me by Amex but Experian tell me that there are NO defaults registered, only 2 years of missed payments! I have actually been paying them back at £700 per month so these payments should be registered. However Amex claim that since they have terminated the agreements they only need to register with the CRA once the full accounts are paid up? In addition they do not have the CCA'a. Not sure where I really stand and what I should do. It get's more bizarre by the day.

Amex also transferred the management of my accounts to RMA/NCO who have passed them back following an SAR and CCA request, they knew they had zero.

Monty2007, surely if there's no agreement the debts are unenforceable! If so, why are you paying them so much when you clearly don't need to? In that case, even the late payment records aren't being processed correctly and can be easily removed using the template letters available on here.

I also think you've posted in the wrong place, so I'm not hijacking this thread, but just pointing you in the right direction.

Is Amex regulated by the CCA?

BBC - Consumer - Guides to - Liability of credit card companies

dont know if this link is useful, someone mentioned this to me the other day.

think that might just be about goods? there are other threads on Amex.

:)

maybelline, only Monty2007 can answer that as it's not the company that is regulated, it's the agreement - there isn't enough info in this thread to answer that.

If the agreement is regulated they are covered by the CCA.

(Subtle prompt to Monty2007 to start a new thread so we can advise correctly in the right place)

;)

maybelline, only Monty2007 can answer that as it's not the company that is regulated, it's the agreement - there isn't enough info in this thread to answer that.

If the agreement is regulated they are covered by the CCA.

(Subtle prompt to Monty2007 to start a new thread so we can advise correctly in the right place)

;)

Hi Car

Yes, they are both credit cards and rgulated by the 1974 Consumer Credit Act. I was defaulted but no agreements can be found, one application which does not conform. I was paying NCO who were the DCA acting for Amex but since no agreements I have stopped paying. The accounts have gone back to Amex but they are silent at the moment.

Capital One removed £2k default info following court action for refund of bank charges - whole balance comprised charges and interest thereon(they settled one week before court).

First Direct removed £1.5k default info following court action for £600 charges refund (they settled day before court).

RBS "discharged my debt" after a CCA request - they have no agreement. They are refusing to remove the default so court action coming soon.

HSBC Visa also have no agreement but are trying to chase me for the debt and refusing to remove the default.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

Co-op have agreed to remove default on current account after i sent them a letter requesting a copy of default notice...expect them to adhere to it....

Court claim issued against Capital One for removal of default notice...

Co-Operative bank default removal - succesfull december 2007.

Capital One Bank default removal - succesfull february 2008.

Co-Operative bank Visa default removal- Claim filed March 2008

Smile default removal - ongoing

• 3 weeks later...

Finally had a result which makes the last 5 months and at least 20 letters to various creditors somewhat worthwhile :)

RBS have agreed to remove my default and instruct AIC debt recovery to stop pursuing me for £290.

The default of £2560 was made up mostly of charges which they refunded and the remaining £290ish was unauthorised overdraft interest that I would have never had if there had been no charges in the first place.

This was after the 4th letter I sent them and had to include copies of all statements and prove from those statements that had I not been charged I would have never been overdrawn in the first place.

Should be off my credit files in the next 72 hours ... :D

Completed:

RBOS Charges - £2435 settled in full :)

RBOS Default Removal - Removed :)

Carphone Warehouse Default Removal - Removed :)

Welcome Finance Default Removal - Removed :)

Viking Direct CCJ - Removed :)

Littlewoods Default - Removed :-o

Ongoing:

N Hunter SAR

WELL DONE THE ANALYST! a result makes it worth it I agree!

• 4 weeks later...