HBoS - reclaiming charges, anyone help?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

1st post, hope someone is free to give me a hand.

Im in scotland, attempting to claim back charges on my current account.

I sent them a letter detailing the charges I wanted repaid, and got back what looks like a fairly standard refusal, except it mentions that I referred to 'credit card default charges' in my claim letter.

I dont have a copy of the claim I sent them to hand - It was on my work laptop, and I have since lost my job - (My firm are dragging their feet about getting personal items back to me, but thats another story)

I used a standard letter from the bankcharges.info website:

www.govanlc.com/letter%202%20(glc%20090406).doc

Since I made the claim, I have had a further 10 overdraft charges of £30, so Im considering reclaiming, including the new charges, but I want to get it right this time - does anyone know of a more foolproof template?

Thanks in advance for any assistance, happy to answer further questions, and naturally I will update this site as to progress on my claim now I have found it.

Thanks again.

Hi,

Welcome to the right place!

You are best to stick to all the template letters here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Cuz that's where you might have got muddled with the default credit card notice.

It is worthwhile reading some other people's threads as well:

Mine, for example, for a start - though it IS long!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/81108-dusary-bank-scotland.html?highlight=dusary+v+hbos

And Kenny's, as well:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/94286-kennythecelt-1-halifax-bos.html?highlight=kennythecelt

Any other questions - don't worry about asking. We did (and still do!)

Regards.

Dusary

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

• 1 month later...

OK, I carefully used a different template (thanks folks!), reply letter recieved from bank 09/08/07, stating that

'..your complaint on bank charges ..level, fairness, or lawfulness of charges....the bank (with several others' became involved ..legal proceedings with OFT on bank charges which we believe will resolve the legal issues about fairness and legality of your bank charges.

..it would be normal approach to resolve complaint through internal processes...However...FSA suspend normal timetable for ..charges complaints

..once legal proceedings between the OFT and the banks finish, we will resolve your complaint asap'

Then there is a page of stuff advising about actions I could take after the case, involving referring my case to the FSA, FOS, or courts.

So...what do you people think? I have my Summary Cause forms filled out for Court..but this letter gives the impression that I should wait..

Thanks in advance for any advice...