• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lloyds court dates

GaryH
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all ......

the hearing of the claim will take place at 14.00 on the 17 october 2007 at nottingham county court nottingham and should take no longer than 30 minutes

the court must be informed immediately if the case is settled by agreement before the hearing date

the reason the judge has given for allocation to this track is that financial value of the claim

each party shall deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents (including any experts report ) on which he intends to rely at the hearing no later than 03 october 2007

the original documents shall be brought to the hearing

signed statments setting out the evidence of all witnesses on whom each party intends to rely shall be prepared and copies included in the documents mentioned in paragraph 1. This includes the evidence of all parties themselves and of any other witness,whether or not he is going to come court to give evidence

The court may decide not to take into account a document (or vidio) or the evidence of a witness if these directions have not been complied with.

date 05 july 2007

link to my thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/102209-let-battle-begin.html

9th August 2007 - 10.00am at Croydon County Court.

Issued on 04/07/07.

Directions: Documents to be delivered 28 days before hearing! (which is 12/06/07...hand delivered on the day before).

Amount a little over £10k inc. interest and court fees, allocated to Small Claims track (as requested).

Filled in AQ but non of the directions were ordered, however on the second sheet it states that, "Defendant serve and file a breakdown of the amount charged showing how same is calculated with his copy of documents".

It also says that my case hearing has been set at the same time as other similar cases as their "experience shows that many cases settle and the Judges time is often wasted".

• 3 weeks later...

Well Done Pupil, Congratulaytions.

Hi gary, just thought I would add mine to the list.

date is 6th Aug

Final hearing

time 2.30

bank. LTSB again

Court Bundle, none needed.

:D :D :D

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

Hearing 21 September 2007 at Birkenhead County Court

The Court must be informed immediately if case is settled by agreement before the hearing date

Each Party shall deliver to every other party and to the Court copies of all documents (incl. any experts report) on which he intends to rely at the hearing no later than 14 days before hearing

The original documents shall be brought to hearing

In order to utilise judicial time effectly this small claim has been listed with a number of similar cases at 10.00am

Hi, My date is 29th August at Taunton Court at 1500 (no longer than one hour).

Directions:

Each party shall deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents on which he intends to rely at the hearing.

The copies shall be delivered no later than 14 days before the hearing.

The original documents shall be brought to the hearing.

Lloyds have made no offer at all to me so far, although their 'solictors' S C & M wrote some while ago to say that they were considering one!

Regards,

Tony

Hi I have my court date for the 23/8/07 in the small claims track.

Its at Gateshead County Court at 2pm and should take no longer than 10mins.

I need to send to the court and the other party no later than 14 days before the hearing my court bundle.

Could anyone let me know do I need to print the whole lot of the bundle or just certain sections thanks.

Hi

Court Date 22nd August 2007 @ 10:10 in Plymouth County Court and should take no more than 15 mins. It states the district Judge has considered the statements of case and allocation questionnaires filed and allocated the claim to the small claims track.

Nothing in there about directions or info to supply (and i didn't even complete an allocation questionaire) so not sure if i've done everything they want.

My thread is below.

Thanks

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/109246-very-worried-very-confused.html#post1060264

*done*

court date 16th August

Place: Middlesbrough cc

bundle submitted 22 July

no specific directions other than submitting the bundle

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/101085-wife-lloyds-bad-boys-new-post.html

no bundle from lloyds yet, nor any other communication from them, or the court.

Hi

Have received court date 2 October 2007 at Liverpool County Court (Small Claims Track). States that it should take no longer than 10 minutes and that this has been listed with a number of similar cases.

Notice states: Claimant do within 21 days of the date of this Order, serve a Schedule setting out the amount of the individual charges, the dates they were applied to the account and the reasons given for such charges.

Now preparing court bundle !!

My hearing is at Clerkenwell County Court next wednesday. Final hearing as Judge ignored my written request for a preliminary hearing on the issue of whether the defence was likely to succeed! I have filed a bundle prior to which I requested T&C from bank's solicitors (standard directions per post 13 above). I fully expect them to ignore everything, turn up on day requesting stay, which i will oppose. My circs are slightly different to the norm for various reasons and also I am legally qualified but am as fed up and nervous as everyone else on here and also disgusted at the abuse of process by the banks which in many cases our wonderful district judges appear to either endorse or be too scared to condemn. How did it come to this...justice should be for everyone equally and not just huge rich powerful companies who can nobble the quangos we pay for with our taxes. i will report on the outcome of my case either way of course

Hi -I have a court date of 31st August at Trowbridge which is on the small claims track and will take no longer than 10 minutes.

I had received a letter from Sechiari Clark & Mitchell indicating that they wishes to settle on 14 June but nothing since?

Am submitting bundle today. Lloyds have already refunded two previous claims for me totalling £8k.

Oz Girl - in transit!

Gary

Lloyds court date October (2 Claims of mine ) Allocated to the small claims track.

1. The parties must file at Court and serve on the other party not

later than 14 days before the hearing the following:

a. Copies of all documents upon which they wish to rely.

b. Statements of all witnesses, including the parties upon whose

evidence you wish to reply. The satements shall be typed,

dated and signed by the witness and state that he/she believes

that the facts stated in the witness satement are true.

2. All original documents must be brought to the hearing.

3. Parties should note that if they do not file and serve documents and statements as set out above, the Court may decide not to admit the evidence of the party in default.

This case has been listed in the Back to Back list (otherwise known as tandem sitting) where two or more District Judges deal with a single list of cases for completion on that day

(states that the hearing should take no longer than 10 mins. )

any help with what documents i need would be appreciated - why just 10 mins.

:)

*done*

Hi there

My wife has a court date 16th August at Luton court lasting no longer than an hour. Today she received a letter from SC&M dating Friday 7th August. The letter says they have requested a 'stay' until the resolution of the banks proceddings with OFT.

HELP... What will she have to do in court.

Im not sure if she did a witness statement either will the judge threw it out.

thanks

Hi I have been given a date 3rd of september at 2.30 says it should take no more than 5 mins!!

At weston-super-Mare county court

Each party must file with the court and serve on the party his/her own signed witness statement in support of claim at least 14 days before hearing

It also states notes for guidance on the making of the witness statemnet

It must not be a bundle of relevant documents

not sure what that means really so will post that on my thread

Hi Gary,

My court date is on 31st August at Trowbridge county court.

2pm, Says shouldnt take no longer than 10 mins.

Nearly finished my bundle, but because i am claiming on a business account ( sole trader though) i want to make sure i have everything correct in the bundle.

Any thread or link you can help me, So i can check??

Many Thanks

Hearing is scheduled for 22/8 have today received a letter from SC&M dated 13/8 stating they have written to the court asking for a stay. They have also requested I confirm in writing to both them and the court whether or not I agree to the stay. I'll let you know whether the court grants the stay

I did send them the hurry up letter last week as they had not sent their defence to myself nor the court. Is there a lettter to use in reply to their request for a stay?

Have just spoken to Newbury Crown Court and been informed hearing will go ahead next Wednesday August 22nd at 12.00pm as planned. Although the court is aware SC&M are intending to request a stay they have not yet received a request and the Judge will make a decision on the day.

As I now have a hearing date :rolleyes: I thought I'd better post here along with a chronological update of what's been happening over the past month.

14th July N1 issued

18th July Received offer of £750 as "full & final settlement" credited directly into my account.

On the same day I declined their offer, informed them that I had commenced proceedings & stressed that I did not accept the offer as full & final settlement. Authorised them to either remove the money or accept it as part payment of my claim.

19th July Claim deemed to be served.

6th August No response whatsoever from either LTSB or [problem], sent reminder letter (inc schedule of charges) giving them additional 7 days to pay up & copied court.

13th August Filed for Judgement on Form N205A

13th August N24 General Form of Judgement or Order (completed / posted 9th August) arrived on my doorstep (verbatim):

By order of the Designated circuit Judge His Honour Judge Hawkesworth Q.C.

IT IS ORDERED THAT

This case be stayed until the 29th February 2008 pending the decision in the Commercial Court with liberty to apply, any such application specifying the reason why the stay should not apply.

Just 2 questions:

1) Is this carte blanche to fight the stay or am I throwing good money after bad?

2)

pending the decision in the commercial court
Am I right in assuming that this relates to the OFT Case?

Best Regards

McIavelli (I'm not that devious really)

Yep that means the test case.

Very generous ;) of you to give them more time than they were entitled to, if they hadn't acknowledged service saying they were going to defend?

I know it's too late to tell you this now but you should have just applied the day that you were entitled to, which was 14 days after the 19th of July if they hadn't acknowledged service.

Yes please apply immediately to the Court saying that you were entitled to judgment in default on 9 August, and requested it on 13 August. Bank have not indicated that they were going to defend action, therefore should not be entitled to benefit of stay.

If they have not contacted you since then in any way, mention this too and say in the interests of the overriding objective, you should be granted an expeditious resolution of your claim when there is no objection and no acknowledgement or defence from bank

Make sure you emphasise that your request crossed with the Order.

Don't forget to send your cheque for £35 payable to HMCS (that's if you want them to decide on paper). It's £65 if you want a hearing

Download form from HM Courts service website and give your reasons in Part c on page 2. Good luck

• Haha 1

Cheers juicyd,

I gave them the extra 7 days following respected advice on another link from this forum (the much respected GaryH, I think) in the (vain) hope that they'd submit their standard defence :rolleyes: .

Yes please apply immediately to the Court saying that you were entitled to judgment in default on 9 August, and requested it on 13 August. Bank have not indicated that they were going to defend action, therefore should not be entitled to benefit of stay.

Thanks again. I'll have to have a think about the pro's & cons regarding having a hearing or not (& a good read through the posts on here regarding removing stays)

Best Wishes

McIavelli (I'm not that devious really)