Newbie seeks expert advice on Bank Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm new here & am in need of some advice (& reassurance if poss!) I started my claim with Nat West (£3k) back in May (following the advice & using template letters from moneysaving expert). I have had mixed fortunes so far with NW, they lost my first letter (oh dear) then they wrote with a "goodwill gesture" of £1200 which i declined. I then moved the whole thing forward & proceeded via moneyclaim to take them to court. after 14 days, they acknowledged the claim, then on Saturday7th July i recieved a letter from Cobbets saying they will defend the claim, along with a request for further information & a document entitled Defense.

They have requested that i give them evidence to identify the date, amount & reason for each charge (I sent highlighted bank statements).

They also want me to clarify (in relation to each charge); (a) is it the case of the claimant the same should not have been charged? (b) if yes; please explain why the claimant contends that the same should not have been charged? © if no; is it the case of the claimant that the same should not have been charged in this amount? (d) If yes; please explain why the claimant contends that the same should not have been charged in this amount and identify the sum the claimant contends should have been charged. (e) if no; please state the claimants case.

There are a few more requests including one asking me to explain what "Contrary to the unfair terms in consumer contract regulations 1999" & to provide facts based on the above.

I have not yet recieved a Court allocation questioniare, but this letter from cobbetts has put the wind up me somewhat.

I apologise for the 'longwinded' post, but would greatly appreciate some words of wisdom &/or support.

Keep up the good work

Shade2

Hi Shade, and welcome to CAG!

Don't panic - you've received the CPR part 18 request that cobbetts frequently send to claimants. You only need to respond to this if ordered to do so by the courts.

It's worth starting your own thread in the Nat West forum - Shade vs Nat West (scroll down the main forum page) as this is where you'll find advice from other claimants who are going through the same process as yourself. You'll also find a response letter to cobbetts CPR 18 request in the 'stickys' - just above the nat west threads.

Once you have your own thread in the NW forum, you'll be able to ask for advice and support specific to your own claim.

However, the main thing to do at the moment is to read through the site's FAQ's http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....se-read-these/ as you'll find these invaluable throughout the reclaiming process.

Best of luck :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.