Bet you not seen this before - Need Advice

ludlum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. Sorry its a long one but probably best if I just past my letter I plan to send. Any additions or modifications would be gladly received.

Lud.

Attached is a copy of letter sent by me dated 21st June 2007. Since that date the Abbey have fundamentally failed to address my complaint in a satisfactory manner with the timescale I deem to be reflective of the seriousness of the offence. To recap so far;

• You have been in receipt of forms signed by wife and I in branch with a member of staff to sever my wife from three joint accounts registered to MY address which is above. This took place in the first week of June.
  • 2 weeks passed and I had not received confirmation that my request had been actioned so two phone calls were made and one visit to Hythe branch took place but neither event gave rise to any information that satisfied my query as to progress
  • Since then, bank statements for two of the three accounts arrived still in joint names but addressed to my wife’s new address were she now lives with my Son and another man.
  • I immediately contacted Abbey with regards to my concerns detailed in the attached initial letter.
  • The only contact I have had thus far is a letter from Abbey, Hythe Branch indicating a response within seven days. This has not appeared.

• I have only, last week had a telephone conversation with the complaints department because I was contacted by my wife at the end of June and told that now ALSO, the statement for my third account with completes its cycle on the 25th June had arrived at my wife’s address. This is some 20 days after the initial completion of the joint account severance forms.
  • To compound the situation further, during the first week of July 07. My wife and child took a week holiday to visit Grandparents in France. Leaving at their new home the other man in question of whom my wife has now formed a relationship with. I was contacted by her and informed the cheque books in MY NAME and MY NAME ALONE for all three accounts had arrived by post at her new address and so is in possession of the third party involved.

This situation has now become grossly unacceptable and has placed further emotional distress and upset upon me that I cannot describe. I have been gravely upset that my wife has left me after having an affair and moved out with my Son only to now co-habit with the third party. The distress now caused by having my personal financial details, information and cheque books now in the hands of the third party is beyond reproach and still I have not been informed as to when you will stop sending my account personals else where.

I will be forwarding this letter to the information commissioner. Details have also been provided to a solicitor for pursuance under all relevant acts of which I will be seeking to be compensated for the severe emotional distress that has been placed upon by virtue of negligence and incompetence on behalf of the Abbey.

I will be seeking to terminate my banking with the Abbey and would like to do so immediately. I will also be seeking to be compensated to the effect of £2000.00 which go some way to both enabling me to end my relationship with the Abbey immediately and show your understanding of the trauma you have placed upon a customer of many years.

I will require an conclusive response in full within 5 days of your receipt of this letter.

I fully sympathise with your situation, but i do not see you being successful in asking for £2k compensation. You should complain to the banking ombusdsman, this is a terrible chain of events and highlights serious flaws within Abbey systems, you may however get awarded some compensation by the ombusdman, but i doubt that it will be too much.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed