Hubby v SRJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My hubby has a debt being managed by SRJ, it was from Amex.

He has had the card about 9 years.

It has been in arrears for some time and was delinquent for a while.

Amex passed on the debt ro SRJ (do not know under what form) and my hubby is paying off the approx £500 at £50pcm.

Last month he spoke to a lady who said that he could make a F&F of 40% of the total at any time. We did not have the cash at the time so did not do it then. This month my hubby rang them to make the payment and some yob at the other end of the phone told him (when my hubby raised it cos we were going to do it) that the 40% deal was not on and that the best he could do was for £480 in F&F!!!!!:o :-x He was insistent that that deal was no longer available. He also tried to work out 60% instead of 40% (as he clearly did not understand) and put that to my hubby (this yob was all over the place with his maths).

He quite rude in tone and condescending.

My hubby then got a letter saying that the best offer was £400.

We are livid that these monkeys feel it is appropriate to make offers then move the goal posts when you go to take them up.

We are considering CCA'ing them and seeing where we go.

What do others think?

And anyone had any dealings with SRJ?

SRJ are part of the Fredrickson Holdings group of companies (which also includes the lovely Fredrickson International Ltd).

What they have done unfortunately is not uncommon. Personally, I would stick the CCA request in the post - they'll probably end up wishing they had taken your money.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Oh Joy, so a second set of dealings with Fredrickson!!!

I CCA'd SRJ yesterday for him - sent Special delivery.

Ratbags!!!!! They could have sorted it then moved the goal posts with no valid reason. The lady last month said the 40% offer would remain open indefininately.

Darn those pesky DCA's.:p