reasons for single yellow line appeals

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As stated in another thread

I was on the yellow line. I had dropped my flat mate off around the corner (on a double) to run into the bank and knew I couldnt park and wait for him on the double, so I drove round to a quiet residential street, pulled up on a yellow, made a call, then 3-4 mins later drove back and picked him up.

I did genuinely believe that you were allowed to park on a single yellow for 5 minutes - what I did not realise is that you need to be seen to be loading. Are there any other grounds to be stopped on a single yellow?

So I was wondering - seeing as I am morally against parking tickets being issued via cctv (!) - what my grounds for appeal could be on this one?

My options at present are that:

- I had pulled over because an oil light had came on and I phoned my mechanic. The car was on its last legs and I have a note from the DVLA saying that the car was scrapped a month or so later, and I can get a note from my mechanic saying that the car had a problem with the oil.

- The engine was running at all times and the car hadnt actually stopped.

which both seem pretty weak.... so any advice or ideas are appreciated!

pulled up on a yellow

The engine was running at all times and the car hadnt actually stopped

I think maybe getting your story straight for a start would help! One minute you are pulled over then you say you was always moving. You satarted off claiming you was there a minute now its 3-4? By the way theres no diffence in parking on a single or double yellow line its the same contravention.

I suggest you forget the appeal and instead spend the time reading the highway code taking note of both the parking and use of mobile phone sections.

pulled up on a yellow

The engine was running at all times and the car hadnt actually stopped

I think maybe getting your story straight for a start would help! One minute you are pulled over then you say you was always moving. You satarted off claiming you was there a minute now its 3-4? By the way theres no diffence in parking on a single or double yellow line its the same contravention.

I suggest you forget the appeal and instead spend the time reading the highway code taking note of both the parking and use of mobile phone sections.

I really think you are swell, mr mean, and thanks for putting a big smile on my face this late evening.

Your suggestions have been heartily taken on board and I shall indeed make the time to purchase a highway code and make note of both the parking and use of mobile phone sections. So thanks for that constructive, reactionary and not at all patronising advice.

However Im not gonna forget the appeal - as that's the fun part of this little game & it's £100 that can be much better spent by me than by kensington & chelsea council.

So meanwhile....

I think most people on here realise that the time I need to have my story straight is on the appeal forms. So any suggestions on how that straight story may best sound would be appreciated!