Prelim letter - forgot to attach schedule!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been answered before but... I sent my SAR (and cheque for £10) off to Yorkshire Bank almost 5 weeks ago. Checked two weeks ago with them to make sure they had got it, and my branch told me that they had already printed off the statements and sent them back to Advice Quality Unit. I then received a letter dated 10 May from AQU advising that they have 40 days from the date they cash my cheque to provide the information. But they have now had my cheque for almost 5 weeks already - is there anything I can do or do I just have to wait for them to cash it?

Thanks

They have 40 days from when they receive your S.A.R ;) If you have a receipt proving when they received it then that's ok. Failing that you'll have to take the 40 days from the date of the letter you received dated the 10th May. When you start your claim I'd make sure you either get a receipt when handing in letters to your branch, or send letters to them via the Royal Mail Signed for service so you know exactly when they got them. Keep us updated with your claim and good luck.

Sarah.

Yorkshire Bank

Started Process 19th Sept 2006.

All Stages Followed.

Next Step Court!

Hearing Date 7th June 2007.

WON!!!!! 6th June 2007 :D

Frequently Asked Questions

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

Thanks for this Sarah - that will teach me to not just send letters to them by 1st class post!

I'll keep you updated on what happens!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone,

I must confess I made a bit of a mistake... Noticed after I had posted (on a statement) that they had actually cashed my cheque on 4 May. Am now up to 40 days so I have phoned AQU and was told 'we have been inundated with requests but yours is on the first batch to be sent out'. Couldn't get a date though!

I am now sending the letter on Cj's link (thanks CJ), and will let you know what happens.

Hi everyone,

I have spoken to a very helpful lady at the AQU this week who told me that they have now outsourced all the SARs to another company due to high volume of requests. Apparently, this company have promised that the requests will be dealt with by this Friday. I assume this can't mean all the requests, maybe just the ones that are over 40 days. Anyway, don't take my word for it but just thought I would pass this info on!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have sent the prelim letter recorded delivery (on Friday), but have since realised I forgot to attach the schedule of charges! Should I just send it on on Monday, or, as I have quoted the amount I am claiming, will that be ok?

Thanks

3 threads merged. Please keep all your progress on one thread.

I wouldn't worry too much about missing the schedule, as I don't suppose they would pay anyway, but make sure you send it with the LBA.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.