Advice would be gratefully received!!

tigerrunfree
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all - new user.

I have contacted Barclays re charges for 6 years. After waiting since May for response, they have just offered £825 out of a claim for £1175 - this is without interest - total claim was for £1388.00.

Their letter states at the bottom - 'If you are dissatisfied with my proposal for resolving your complaint you may ultimately be eligible to refer to the Financial Ombudsman Service'.

Is it worth phoning the Customer Relations department to say that I am not happy with amount offered, or do I go to the Ombudsman or file through small claims court?

I have followed Martins money tips so far and have also claimed for other people, all of whom have got the whole amount offered so have never come across this!

Would appreciate some input from 'those in the know'.

Many thanks

:confused::mad::confused:

Hi all.

Sent my LBA recorded delivery yesterday - so wait n see. When it says 14 days, is that from the day they receive it?

Would also ask - can you go back further than 6 years?

Can you ask for charges on an account which you no longer use? My mum and dad had a nightmare with Halifax when they used the account (approx 10 years ago). They even took money from my brothers accounts to cover overdraft - they were only 5!!!!!

Look forward to any responses.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Hi,

My case with Barclays seems to have been dragging on for months!!I had already sent them my LBA as they failed a deadline to respond to my previous 2 letters.Today(at the eleventh hour!!!) Ive received a settlement offer of about half of my claim.The question is do I need to send another LBA as I am unhappy with their offer,or can I start court proceedings?

Thanks for your help!