Style Store Card....anyone???

jellybabe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ha I was talking about the letter. Ooh Im shocked that they still haven't replied. I wonder if its because it was a postal order, I can't see why it would be a problem but I can imagine style being arsey because thats what they do well! I wonder how quickly you get a reply after the LBA. Please keep us updated.

Victoria :)

Vixsta14 vs Barclays bank: Won paid out £900 :lol:

Vixsta14 vs Clydesdale financial (Barclays Partner: Still ongoing :(

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but I can imagine style being arsey because thats what they do well

i agree, that's what they do well.

Went Post office to check on my postal order, and they couldn't tell me how i can find out if it has been cashed or not.Weird! Rung Royal Mail customer service and there is no option for checking on postal orders, just on recorded or special deliverys.

But then, i have proof that they received the letter, therefore it's not my problem if they cash it or not, or is it?

I will send the letter on Monday, latest tuesday and will let you know how i get on.

Yeah thats the thing, if they claim to have not cashed it you'll never know what a nightmare. What about ringing style on monday and asking for them to put you through to Cust relations. I'm pretty sure if the word court is mentioned they will try and be as helpful as they can. (I've still not sent mine off... will do it this week!)

I think i will email Royal mail first and see what they say. not sure if i have much time to fuss about on monday. Am most probably out the house at 5am.

But like i said before, is it really my responsibility to make sure they cash it?But on the other hand, they could easily turn around and say the letter came without it.

It's a nightmare and i'm not sure what to do.

I'm not sure about ringing them, am not to confident talking to those people on the phone, and would like to keep everything in writing.

Also, it leaves a papertrail which is much better when it comes to court.

Well, will send the email to royal mail now and see what comes back.Will decide then what i do. It gives Style another couple or so days to comply.

But i am running out of patience here.

(I've still not sent mine off... will do it this week!)

I would...you never know...you might actually get your statements, LOL

I can imagine... If I were you I'd be so mad by now! I have had a look but can't find anything on postal orders which is a pain. The only other thing I can suggest is E-mailing them and keeping a copy of it. Slightly faster than snail mail and would stand up in court. If not then I think you def need to look at getting the LBA sent asap. Really hope you get your statements soon!

oh believe me...i'm fuming!

Not found an email adress for style yet, nor a website that is up.

I#m out all day tomorrow, but will send that lba off on tuesday as soon as the post has been. I will send it special delivery aswell, to get it there even faster. And they can't deny receiving it.

Thanks by the way for sticking with me.

Still no statements. And i haven't had a reply from royal mail yet regarding the Postal Order. Shall i just send the non compliance lba off or not??I'm not sure as i don't know if they have cashed it. I knew i should have sent it as a cheque, i wouldn't have this trouble now.

I really really need some advice here.

Argh how irritating is that!! I would suggest sending off the LBA asap. Just remember that if things were the other way round they wouldn't hesitate sending you a letter and charging you £12 for the priviledge. I wonder if anyone else is having this problem?

Hi vixsta14,

thanks for your reply. I finaly had an email of royal mail...and guess what....they don't deal with postal orders enquiry's.So...you can buy them in a post office but no one can help when you have a problem with them?????? I am really really annoyed now!

I am getting the lba ready right now and will send it off in the morning via special delivery. Don' care about the costs of it now, just want it there asap.

I am on Hols from Tue til Sun next week, so hopefully by the time i come back i will have my reply to it.

This is completely new to me and i am feeling a little bit lost right now.

and charging you £12 for the priviledge

And you are damn right about that. I wished i could charge them for every letter i have to send to chase them.:-(:-(:-(

I had a feeing that would be the response as there is no way of checking who has cashed a postal order. I agree that getting the letter sent tomorrow is the best course of action. Then hopefully when you return from your hols you should have a letter or at least some statements waiting for you.

Hi there, just started reading this thread tonight and think you should send LBA and non compliance letter straight away. It is not your responsibilty to cash the money and if the letter turned up without it (which it didn't) than they should have wrote to you and said so! They still need to explain that money is required IF (by a terribly long shot) the postal prder wasn't sent amd therefore should have contacted you. They had your letter and ignored it, which is against the data protection act (or whatever) so get them sorted asap.

Good luck. Kx

Hi there,

Been on hols and only just come back a couple hrs ago. Yes, i had statements at last. no letter or anything, just statements. Also, the statements only start in Nov 2004 and i had this account opened before that. I know that for sure as i have a few statements from 2003.

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your reply. I had another really good look through all my paperwork at home. And all that is missing now is 1 statement. I will just go ahead now with my prelim. Let's see how long it takes them to reply.

jellybabe

Im glad you finally got them at last lets just see how long it takes them to reply this time.

Did you send your prelim off? I got my statements from style today, im surprised they at how quickly they came. Im no really owed that much £165 so gonna get my prelim off tomorrow hopefully. Keep me updated with how you get on

Hi,

sorry have been pretty busy over the last few days. I also have received another set of statements and this time with a covering letter.LOL.

Haven't sent my prelim off yet....but will do tomorrow morning.

They owe me £315 in charges plus £179.96 in interest at a rate of 26.44%. It will clear the card if they pay it out at that rate. If not it will only leave a little amount left to pay.

So either way....i am getting rid of this card asap.

Have you sent your prelim off like you planned?

Oooh thats a good amount and its always good when it pays off a card... I havent sent mine yet, was planning to do it today but have been busy. Will do it tomorrow definatley. I did notice something strange with my statements though, it would appear they stopped charging me late payment fees after 2004, has this happened to you? Thanks

No, they have added charges on my account all the way through.

That seems a bit odd, doesn't it? Do you remember if you missed any payments after that? Have you got proper statements or just a list of charges of them?

That is really strange, anything before 2004 came in quite an easy to view list of each month. Evertything after 2004 were shown as the actual statements I wound have recieved, and it states on several of them that my payment is late but does not show any charges... very strange! As it is I've sent my letter of this morning so we'll have to see what they say (Im hoping for a quick response) has yours gone off yet?

Hi vixsta,

No, haven't managed to get into town yet. Will deff do it on Monday.

Have today received my 3rd set of statements with a letter appologising for the delay??LOL

First i have to wait sooooo long and now they seem to be very keen to get those statements delivered. Oh well, less copies for me to make once it gets to court stage.LOL

Haha but heres hoping it doesn't get that far! It's really strange though how they refund some and not others... I'd love to know what the criteria is!