Help for 2nd Hearing +please read+

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4824 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi hope someone can help me.

I am taking Lloyds to court and went to the prelimanary hearing along with SCM's solicitors.

The solicitors said that they could not identify all of the charges I had claimed and wanted more evidence. The judge decided it would be a good idea to reconvene for another prelimanary hearing - stating it would be better as it would not likely come to the second hearing because if I gave them my workings out he would expect Lloyds to pay up instantly.

I sent SCM back my statements that Lloyds supplied me and sent a copy to the courts and have heard nothing since, even after a couple of phone calls.

The second hearing is in 2 weeks, I have not heard from SCM and don't expect to, my issue is that I am on holiday then and will not be able to attend. I know I could fill in a form and get the changed but this has been going on for too long and the revised date will be months and months away.

Do you think I should write a letter to the courts, in summary saying SCM has the documentation and did not communicate with me, I tried everything I could to resolve the issue and I hope to see them in court. Or words to that effect.

Or I was thinking of getting a solicitor in at this point, just to cover me at the hearing

Or should i just let the hearing go on without me.

My only worry is if SCM identifies an error in my list of charges they may try to get my case thrown out and without me being there it may happen

What do you guys think?

Any help will be appreciated

Hi whoareya,

I would consider 2 points here. One is to enter dialogue directly with [problem] in writing and advise them that seeing as the court date is imminent that you are looking to settle out of court, as it will effecively save them time and money. I perceive that at the moment, [problem] are bogged down with all of the current Lloyds cases which they are dealing with. I received a letter stating that they wanted to settle, but would not pay the interest charges (even though it was LLoyds fault!) and i said no, you pay it all!, and the court date is in 2 weeks, and they still have not responded! They are sooooo busy! IMO!

Also, I would tele the court and speak off the record to see how long the next approx court date would be, if you are kind and polite, they will take the time to talk to you (well my local court are like this anyway!).

I think that you need to push slightly. And i would recommend that you go to court, defintely, as in your case so far the judge seems to be reasonable, and Lloyds could end up being dominent if they send a rep. and that you are not there!

Good luck!

Red