You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

whoareya

Help on Hearing at court

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4744 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Hope someone can help me.

I am taking Lloyds to court and went to the prelimanary hearing along with SCM's solicitors.

The solicitors said that they could not identify all of the charges I had claimed and wanted more evidence. The judge decided it would be a good idea to reconvene for another prelimanary hearing - stating it would be better as it would not likely come to the second hearing because if I gave them my workings out he would expect Lloyds to pay up instantly.

I sent SCM back my statements that Lloyds supplied me and sent a copy to the courts and have heard nothing since, even after a couple of phone calls.

The second hearing is in 2 weeks, I have not heard from SCM and don't expect to, my issue is that I am on holiday then and will not be able to attend. I know I could fill in a form and get the changed but this has been going on for too long and the revised date will be months and months away.

Do you think I should write a letter to the courts, in summary saying SCM has the documentation and did not communicate with me, I tried everything I could to resolve the issue and I hope to see them in court. Or words to that effect.

Or I was thinking of getting a solicitor in at this point, just to cover me at the hearing

Or should i just let the hearing go on without me.

My only worry is if SCM identifies an error in my list of charges they may try to get my case thrown out and without me being there it may happen

What do you guys think?

Any help will be appreciated

"Should I let the hearing go ahead without me?" - NO!!

Should you get a solicitor in at this point? I wouldn't.

Should you write to the court? Yes.

Write to the District Judge (Dear Judge) and tell him Lloyds (or SC&M) are not playing ball and ask him to either strike out their defence or re-schedule the hearing for the first available date after your holiday.

I take it you did double check your list of charges? Didn't you have the list and the copy statements with you at the Directions Hearing? Didn't SC&M specifiy which charges they couldn't identify?

Just my 2 cents.

Invictus

Thanks for your 2 cents, pretty much what I thought.

In answer to your questions

I take it you did double check your list of charges?

Yes, all seemed fine, however I just not 100% convinced because of what has been said

Didn't you have the list and the copy statements with you at the Directions Hearing?

No like an idiot. Nobody advised me to take anything only myself, which is a shame, not blaming anyone of course.

Didn't SC&M specifiy which charges they couldn't identify?

No, the solicitor was a bit clueless about most things, like my name, Judges name, the day, date and probably his own name.

I am not going to be able to attend, I am loathed to get the hearing moved because this will never get resolved at this rate, however I will send the letter to say I've done all my bits I can.

Does anyone know the likely outcome at the hearing?

I would urge you not to let the hearing go ahead without you.

Yes they might settle the day before, but equally they may turn up and try to settle with you just prior to the hearing, and if you're not there you could lose.

I would PM a mod if I were you for the best advice.